Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally, I was going to go with a CT26 that I was getting for free. However, since it hasn't really been accepted by the aftermarket, I have to make my own manifold (planning on HF with my own plate), and downpipe. A local shop has T3/T4's on sale $200 with a 1 year warranty, and I can find a manifold and downpipe pretty easily and cheaply. Now, the only thing that's stopping me is the T3/T4 sounds a little big for my needs. I'm only planning for 200whp max at about 6 PSI on my soon to be OE rebuilt D16. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
I have a 13g turbo off my eclipse and a adapter plate for my hf mani, was fun to play with till i blew the motor with 300,000 miles and 12 pounds of boost yeeeaaa

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
I put 1000 miles on my ching chang meow turbo off ebay and it promptly proceeded to start pissing out oil like a drunken sailor. So, I guess take that how you will, but I know Ill never by a knock off turbo again. Just my .02

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I put 1000 miles on my ching chang meow turbo off ebay and it promptly proceeded to start pissing out oil like a drunken sailor. So, I guess take that how you will, but I know Ill never by a knock off turbo again. Just my .02
were you using a restrictor?

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Okies how exactly whould u know If its a nock off t3/t4? Actuall garrett t3/t4 has Garrett lettering on the cold side with the trim ans spec is that it or wat else?

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
eBay special Ching Chong Meow turbo. you can get them brand new for $160 shipped on eBay
X2 just do yourself a favor and buy a good one the first time. China doesn't give a shit about the rest of the world and they don't have patent laws, so they can take apart a garret copy everything on it and it will never be the same.

To the O.P you can find some good info on the Sticky's in the F.I. section.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i managed about 7k on mine before it shit the bed. i was using a restrictor too...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts