Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wandering which turbo you would use (on a base kit) and why?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My goal is 200whp.....i want something with little lag and spools quickly. not sure how many lbs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
88ED3 said:
My goal is 200whp.....i want something with little lag and spools quickly. not sure how many lbs.
I just picked up a IHI from a Mazda Mx6,=. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm told that it should spool like crazy and be good for 220hp max. I'm gonna be using a STD manifold and a Starion intercooler on a D15

·
Registered
345 Posts
search around at other's setups... generally you'll see these:

t25
14b
t3 .42/.48
t3 .42/.60
IHI
15G (greddy kit turbos)

Those will all get you where you want to be

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
grayzee said:
I just picked up a IHI from a Mazda Mx6,=. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm told that it should spool like crazy and be good for 220hp max. I'm gonna be using a STD manifold and a Starion intercooler on a D15
which IHI? i dont think the RB5 will net you 200hp

K

·
0 Posts
i have one of those too...GREAT turbo.. way underrated, not on my new car yet, but soon
had a friend do one on a f22 and it spooled almost too fast LOL
a friend has one OEM in his 91 probe gt.... runs 18psi all summer on it
you CAN make good power with it, and the only people who talk jive about it are people who have never used one (it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog)
IHI Rhb5 = great turbo for Hondas, just not too many around junkyards anymore

R

·
0 Posts
i posted a thread similar to this and i also want around 200 hp. I think the verdict was a t3 .42/.48

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
reallyslowcivic said:
i posted a thread similar to this and i also want around 200 hp. I think the verdict was a t3 .42/.48
yea me too and ryan said the t3 .42/.48 was good 4 my setup

·
Registered
629 Posts
im running a .42/.60 t3 on the hatch. it spools quick and will hold more than enough boost to redline.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts