Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off thanks to all the people who didnt give me info on my last post not to be a dick or anything..
im in the proccess of putting a turbo on my NA d16z6.its not rebuilt yet but im going to buy a rebuild kit and a cam some arp head studs which i dont think are really needed??..i want to know what turbo is good for a DD and getting hp i want to run anywhere from 250 to 300 hp even 350 sounds good on a cheap turbo kit..and if theres any other internals i need..thanks

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Get a budget and go from there. Which is it 250 300 or 350. A turbo that is good for 350 won't spool like one for 250. Try doing some research and get an idea of a few furnish you want then ask the question. What your wanting is some spoon feeding. How the hell do we know what you want. Figure it out and narrow it down

·
Registered
115 Posts
first off thanks to all the people who didnt give me info on my last post not to be a dick or anything..
im in the proccess of putting a turbo on my NA d16z6.its not rebuilt yet but im going to buy a rebuild kit and a cam some arp head studs which i dont think are really needed??..i want to know what turbo is good for a DD and getting hp i want to run anywhere from 250 to 300 hp even 350 sounds good on a cheap turbo kit..and if theres any other internals i need..thanks
There's a plethora of information on this website. Use the search function.

ARP headstuds are mandatory IMO.

There's no need to post more than one thread about this. You probably aren't getting a response because it's obvious you didn't search for the information you want.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my budget it about 2k..i want 350 if not more off of a good turbo nd i seen a ebay turbo kit t3/t4..nd idk how those i heard there good..nd for a turbo for 250 how does it spool better than a 350 turbo? im trying to get 350 out of whatever turbo is good anything else i need to know?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well no i didnt search im asking people thats why im on here..i dont want to dump money on turbo and find out i could have gotten a better one cheaper

·
Registered
751 Posts
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/152649-d16z6-long-block.html=
im new to this site and dont really know where to post but im looking to build a core d16z6 long block n/a..im from cali nd was looking for prices and ideas so if anyone has any info that would help thanks..
n/a for now doing turbo later
i wasnt really going to mod it that much nd i do have a hook up..i was going to buy a rebuild kit and take my engine parts and put it on the long block with new a new cam
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/152656-d16z6.html=
i have a 94 ex with an old d16z6 in it n/a..im going to buy a rebuild kit for it and buy a long block and take my parts off and put them on the long block or just rebuild my engine with the kit,throw a cam in it redo the head and put a turbo on it..im not really shure which is the best option.i have money but havnt went out to find a long block if anyone can help me with this that would be great thanks
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/152657-turbo-d16z6.html=
i have a d16z6 NA.here pretty soon im going to buy a turbo kit to slap on it after i buy a rebuild kit and a cam i dont know what turbo i should get t3/t4?? i need some info on what to do and where to start if anybody knows let me know please and thanks
^^^YOU CAN STOP ALL THIS HORSE SHIT RIGHT NOW AND SEARCH!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
it all depends on what you want and you budget.
-Power goals?
-Ball bearing or Journal bearing?
-Drag, street, road racing?
-Responsive
-etc....

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Zen is right man, SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys have built Turbo D16's before, they have made build threads of those builds, and in those Build threads occasionally they post the size of turbo they used and the amount of HP they got.

·
Registered
491 Posts
No doubt, you will always be told to search no matter what. It's the best way of learning and we teach that around here. :)
As for head studs.......what makes you think they aren't needed? It's obvious you are new to this and know very little, just research it up man.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not new to this well im new to hondas all my brains are in chevys..and. i was reading on here like 3 people ran turbos and they didnt need head studs

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
just because others havent ran head studs doesnt mean that you cant or shouldnt. a little something called piece of mind. ARP makes the best shit for a reason. IMO new head gasket and a set of ARP's (ive re tq'ed a set of arps 3 times never had any problems) is what i do every time when taking a head off a block

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.