Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, sorry if this question was asked about the millionth time. but which manufactures makes a suitable turbo setup for a d16z6 off a 92 si hb. the car has roughly about 182k miles. and still runs fairly strong. all wat i'm looking for is not having to spend ridicules amount of money for a b-series swap, but giving the D-series a lil more pep for daily driving. and still give other cars a run for there money. wat will i need? and where can i find the best prices for the parts?

anyways, from reading countless threads. some of you have stated that the greddy turbo kit would be the best choice as well as price. but then again i have heard some complaints from a few owners wit that kinda setup for the same car. iono wat to think.

what would i need to change out as far as the high miles on the motor?
or is it fine as it is using its stock parts?

has anyone tried these other sohc turbo brands? (like edelbrock, apexi, hks etc.) what's the price range for these brands? and your IMO...

otherwise i will go to the darkside and end up doing a b-series swap. which i could get for about 1700 for a used b16a sirII complete swap... :confused:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
check out the turbo stickies, and if you still have questions, let us know!

T

·
0 Posts
SCo77iDAwG said:
well, sorry if this question was asked about the millionth time. but which manufactures makes a suitable turbo setup for a d16z6 off a 92 si hb. the car has roughly about 182k miles. and still runs fairly strong. all wat i'm looking for is not having to spend ridicules amount of money for a b-series swap, but giving the D-series a lil more pep for daily driving. and still give other cars a run for there money. wat will i need? and where can i find the best prices for the parts?

anyways, from reading countless threads. some of you have stated that the greddy turbo kit would be the best choice as well as price. but then again i have heard some complaints from a few owners wit that kinda setup for the same car. iono wat to think.

what would i need to change out as far as the high miles on the motor?
or is it fine as it is using its stock parts?

has anyone tried these other sohc turbo brands? (like edelbrock, apexi, hks etc.) what's the price range for these brands? and your IMO...

otherwise i will go to the darkside and end up doing a b-series swap. which i could get for about 1700 for a used b16a sirII complete swap... :confused:

I spent a little more than 1700 on my setup...but I MUCH prefer it over a bone stock B16a. I`m not knocking Bs, I like them but you`ll need some cash to build it right...

·
Registered
32 Posts
me personally, my setup is a home made kit running on uberdata. i've spent about 1500 on everything.but my buddy is running on an edelbrock kit(which was $3500 :-( ) but hes had no problems or complaints about it. it runs perfect air/fuel off the piggy back w/ an mbc on 10 psi.

oh and we're both daily driven. he put down 188whp at the dyno

O

·
0 Posts
Greddy kit would be your best bet. good performance and some room for growth.

·
Registered
838 Posts
greddy kit would be your best bet. its like a factory turbo kit. you can still keep your powersteering and a/c. you can still have factory mpg if you dont drive in boost. i'm gonna try to hit 12's on a stock block jdm d15b full interior ex coupe with this greddy kit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
yet another saying greddy kit... though i'd point out its not exactly a complete kit, and the fuel management sucks, but if you get yourself an intercooler and do a little tuning with uberdata you'll have yourself a nice dependable daily driver...

·
Registered
838 Posts
YakuzaKirby said:
yet another saying greddy kit... though i'd point out its not exactly a complete kit, and the fuel management sucks, but if you get yourself an intercooler and do a little tuning with uberdata you'll have yourself a nice dependable daily driver...

e-manage is not that bad. does its job. it has tunable features. but crome pro is more superior and its free. the greddy kit is pretty good budget kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts