Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Go-Autoworks.com about what turbo I should get and they told me that I should get the Bullseye 57 trim with .70AR turbo because my goal is to get high 11s and low 12s with at least 18 psi and at least 350 whp ish. I heard that Bullseye turbo are better quilty brand then Garrett turbo , right.

Also what turbo manifold that best fit with this turbo. I was thinking about the ramhorn turbo manifold. What do you guys think about this turbo?. Because I heard that the 50 trim with the .70 AR Bullseye turbo works the same but the 57 trim got more top end power than the 50 trim?. I was thinking to get the PRO TURBO KIT from Go-Autoworks.com with the Bullseye turbo but not sure which one.

Please help me out because I got a fully rebuit d16z6 motor with stock sleeve with SRP pistons with .20 bored and port and polish head and head work like after camshaft and valves. I got the eagle rods. I also got a ACT extreme stage 2 clutch with 750 RC inectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator, Hondata s300 ecu, skunk2 intake manifold and body throttle and more... Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
if greg says it's what you need then listen he is a great dude and he wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
ummmm you talked to greg right??? and your still asking questions?? listen to greg, he knows his shit. so go with whatever greg recommends you

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
while greg is correct i will add that with all you have done to your motor there are many many turbos that will meet the low 12 high 11 goal, gregs suggestion will do it easily but so would a big16g DSM turbo and many others. i have almost the exact same set up as you minus the head mines bone stock and i run mid 11s using a bastard 20g, but i ran low 12s on a big 16g earlier this season.

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Bisimoto don't need turbo to go under that. You can do it with any kind of turbo, it depends the setup. You could make better than low 12 with a t25 pushing 25+ psi. A big t4 with a huge yelling mouth might not be in the race and makes high 13.

Elapsed 1/4 time and trap are so hard to determinate, there so much to consider, plateform, engine, tuning, suspension, trans setup, tire, ambiant temperature and more which I don't want to make a list tonight...

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I talked to Go-Autoworks.com about what turbo I should get and they told me that I should get the Bullseye 57 trim with .70AR turbo because my goal is to get high 11s and low 12s with at least 18 psi and at least 350 whp ish. I heard that Bullseye turbo are better quilty brand then Garrett turbo , right.

You asked if I thought Bullseye was better. In my opinion "yes" for more reasons than just quality. I didn't knock the quality of either, I sell both very regularly, both are good units, I just prefer Bullseyes options for one.. I talk to Bullseye maybe 3 times a week. That in itself is a major factor in being "better" If I or a customer of mine has an issue, question, etc. I get it answered/resolved instantly. If I have a question...even if its 10pm, I can call Dan on the cell and get it handled.

Again, don't get to worried about what hp you'll make at what exact psi, put together a setup that will work weel together and we can go from there. x turbo + x motor won't net an exact # between different setups

Also what turbo manifold that best fit with this turbo. I was thinking about the ramhorn turbo manifold. What do you guys think about this turbo?. Because I heard that the 50 trim with the .70 AR Bullseye turbo works the same but the 57 trim got more top end power than the 50 trim?. I was thinking to get the PRO TURBO KIT from Go-Autoworks.com with the Bullseye turbo but not sure which one.

Again, the 50 trim will spool a little faster than the 57 giving you a bit more of a usable powerban. The 57 will generally come in a little later, but will make more power top end. I still suggest the 57 trim from what you were explaining ( this was over a week ago)

Please help me out because I got a fully rebuit d16z6 motor with stock sleeve with SRP pistons with .20 bored and port and polish head and head work like after camshaft and valves. I got the eagle rods. I also got a ACT extreme stage 2 clutch with 750 RC inectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator, Hondata s300 ecu, skunk2 intake manifold and body throttle and more... Thanks.
Race kit w/ .70 a/r Bullseye 57 trim :bigok:

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
autoworks ftw

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
the turbo will give you the power you need but being a good driver will decide if you hit your goals.

·
Registered
149 Posts
your wanting low 12s high 11s. definatley go with greg.
are u dd this? taht could also play a factor into the size of the turbo u want. prlly not something greg hasnt already told u.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Thats a bit big IMHO. You can run a 48/60 or even a 63 and get those slips. It will also still be very streetable. Fairly quick spool and plenty up top for 350+.

·
Registered
310 Posts
AR is the snail piece on the compressor (cold) side. Easy way to think is how much shit can you squeeze through a hole

1 - 18 of 18 Posts