Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes this turbo is for a K series guys lol. Thought id gather some suggestions from you wise d series guys for by buddies build. Im building...hes paying haha. Ive provided some info on the engine build below. This will be mostly a street car. Will see the strip maybe once a month. Power goal for this summer is 500whp (with room to grow up to say 600whp). He also wants a Presicion turbo. So any suggestions from Precisons line up will be helpful!!! This car is currently boosted so it already has about everything it needs just need help with a turbo selection. thanks guys.

k24a4
stock head except for some mild port work
arp head studs
9:1 Wiseco Pistons
Crower rods
blanced crank
rbc intake manifold
mini ram turbo manifold

will be seeing 8000rpm.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Sidewinder manifold to 6262

end thread/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

end thread/

haha thats too funny. thats exactly what i suggested to him also. Go autoworks has a pretty cheap sidewinder mani too. i guess he wants to get by with the current mini ram style do to funds and the current set up. sidewinder means new manifold, oil lines, down pipe and charge piping also : /

·
Registered
CRX Del Sol
108 Posts
yeah.. BUT, do a budget boost setup on our little d engines is ok.. but please.. not on a k series oO

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

end thread/
+1

if he doesnt want to spend the money to get good products to make the power he wants then he doesnt need to be trying to make any kind of high horsepower.

you have to pay to play. if his pockets arent willing to get a little deeper then he is going to have to deal with less power.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
haha thats too funny. thats exactly what i suggested to him also. Go autoworks has a pretty cheap sidewinder mani too. i guess he wants to get by with the current mini ram style do to funds and the current set up. sidewinder means new manifold, oil lines, down pipe and charge piping also : /
The DBB 6262 is the way to go. He's either going to accept the fact he has to modify his current setup, or stick with the turbo he already has.

Btw, what turbo is it?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why not a S366? Its a little bigger inducer and share the exact same turbine design. Honestly witha back to back they spool very similar if you can not afford the ball bearing version. Oh and I can get you a smoking hot deal on them..........

I just sold a turbonetics T67 to "someone" and he is using it on a sidewinder setup. I am very interested to see how it comes about.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
If he is dead set on PTE which is not a bad thing I would say 6266 powerband will be killer and should be good for about 800 hp

yeah.. BUT, do a budget boost setup on our little d engines is ok.. but please.. not on a k series oO
Lol you have to be joking..... The D is what it is a cheap and fun motor..... Not the end all be all
Why not a S366? Its a little bigger inducer and share the exact same turbine design. Honestly witha back to back they spool very similar if you can not afford the ball bearing version. Oh and I can get you a smoking hot deal on them..........

I just sold a turbonetics T67 to "someone" and he is using it on a sidewinder setup. I am very interested to see how it comes about.
I have seen the S366 in action but on a B series and I will have to say the powerband was pretty impressive.

And you have been holding out on me ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The DBB 6262 is the way to go. He's either going to accept the fact he has to modify his current setup, or stick with the turbo he already has.

Btw, what turbo is it?

to be honest we dont know what turbo hes got on it. all we know is turbonetics. he bought the car boosted so dont know much about the specs on the turbo. he wants a new turbo because the seals are begining to go and hes shooting for more power...heres some pic of the turbo and manifold

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why not upgrade the turbo he has and do a rebuild? It would cost alot less and can be made into whatever he wants. An example would be converting what he has to say a sc62 it would run around $300 and that would include new compressor rebuild and balance with a 6 month warranty.

Pm if you want to know more.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This isnt a wtb thread so quit offering the guy parts.... ESPECIALLY if you aren't a paying vendor trying to sell new parts....

You know you always try to read between the lines. Read my post again and show me where it says I offer to sell him anything ? I didn't. I simply told him if he was interested in the info to pm me.

The sad thing is if thou would focus your energy on doing something positive instead of harassing me you would actually get something done. Don't try to tell me your just doing your job. Your not. Its obvious you have a hard on for me. I guess you didn't realize the last time you pulled this and banned me it was over turned.

I guess I should just post our PMS from last time. I think that would squash what lil cred you have left.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Oh just a lil fyi for you jimmy, I don't stock any parts so how am getting to sell him anything.......

I merely gave him an example of costs and told him to contact me in a pm so as not to mud the thread up.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
You said you can get him a smoking hot deal on one... And FYI... You weren't the only member in here trying to sell... It's not all about you. and frankly I can give a shit less if you think otherwise. Whipe whatever cred you think I have away... It doesn't bother me the least bit.

Like I said before this isn't the classifieds, don't try to sell here. It doesn't matter who you are.

·
Registered
rsx
120 Posts
i had a treadstone manifold and a 6o trim on my rsx and it did ok.. made 355 t the wheels on 19lbs... hope i helped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts