Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. i need to get some new tires and i was wondering what you guys like..i want something that grabs well when i launch on the street..like street slicks or something...what tires do you guys like?thanks for any help

·
Registered
910 Posts
I really like my yokohama avs es100's. They are an affordable all around good tire. They are not street slicks but they do have good grip and are still good in the rain.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
speedstareg6 said:
someone mentioned to me falken azenis..are they any good?
fuck yes

for dry weather they are one of the best sets of tires out there .....

the tread doesnt last very long , but they are superb tires. A friend of mine has them on his GTI and goes on Canyon runs every weekend. They perform great .....

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I am a firm believer in azenis. they are the best handling tire I have ever used. I have them on both of my cars. The 15s I get about 18,000 miles out of and the 14s I get about 12,000 miles out of. They dry weather handling is phenominal. The wet weather on them is not as bad as everyone says. I drive with them on in the winter and have no problems. No tire is going to be awesome in wet weather. These do very well as long as you dont drive like an idiot. I think I am on my 6th set of azenis so far, if that doesnt say anything, I dont know what will. They are probably the best bang for the buck tire you will find.

I

·
0 Posts
speedstareg6 said:
someone mentioned to me falken azenis..are they any good?
Since I am getting a work vehicle(2005 Mustang GT) in a few months, they will be my street tires since I won't be driving my car very often.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
d16a6 power said:
I really like my yokohama avs es100's. They are an affordable all around good tire. They are not street slicks but they do have good grip and are still good in the rain.
I'm very happy with my avs es100's, but I'm curious about giving these a try : http://www.dunloptire.com/catalog/direzzaZ101.html

The direzza's are a few bucks cheaper, but dunlop makes good stuff. Should be comparable to the es100. However I would really like a set of bridgestone pole position s-03's. Great tires, but about $135 each :eek:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am also an azenis fan. Had them on my 17's and they performed great. Only had them for about 1000 miles though because someone slashed all 4 of them...Not easy living in NYC. But overall they are the bast tire i ever used for a street car.

·
Nor Cal D-series rider
1991 Honda Civic STD
810 Posts
00kickercivic said:
I like the fuzion zrI's for some 17's ... better than the parada spec-2's i had before
Smart choice. Tire rack tested them as a better overall performing tire than Yoko AVS ES100's; they're cheaper too, only $51 a pop for 195/50/15's, We bought 4 for the 99 Integra. Decent treadwear, theyre so popular that they won't be here for a month on the newly coilover-dropped DC2...:? Check em out guys. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Fuzion&tireModel=ZRi&partnum=95WR5ZRI&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts