Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm dropping off my head and all my supporting components for it at the machine shop tomorrow...hell, I even took the second half of the day off of work for this! LOL @ ME PLZ DUCK!

Okay, well the springs didn't come inside any wrapper or plastic baggie but laid neaty across brown packaging paper. Everything IS in the orginial S2 spring box. If you look over the springs for identifing marks, there isn't any that I can see. How in the world do I figure out the intake versus the exhaust? I'm at work and don't have access to my Helms manual, so I can't check if there's diameter differences...but I KNOW there are spring rate differences.

Can anyone shine some light on the subject? I'll post pics once I get home too!

Thx

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
....hmm, i thought the intake was a touch harder than the exhaust. But, maybe that only applies to oem springs.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So are these unsprung measurements, as in base to height, in mm then inches?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
dan where are you taking your head to. let me know, i might want in too. you'll understand hopefully next week. hee, hee, hee. *evil lol*

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Okay, well I mic'd to the best of my ability every spring and here's the numbers I came up with :
I guess some deviation can be expected, but why the difference in these number versus the stock numbers above?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah man, thats i went with crowers on my build..
Yeah, I got a steal on this set so I had to jump that second...so bought first, researched second. Bad combo! But I've not heard any bad things about the product in a D-series, so I think I'll still be good.

BTW, the outter and inner diameters are basically all the same. Guessing int & exh just won't matter in this case.

If something comes up, I know my machine shop owner will find it and tell me...but I doubt it!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Yeah, I got a steal on this set so I had to jump that second...so bought first, researched second. Bad combo! But I've not heard any bad things about the product in a D-series, so I think I'll still be good.

BTW, the outter and inner diameters are basically all the same. Guessing int & exh just won't matter in this case.

If something comes up, I know my machine shop owner will find it and tell me...but I doubt it!
yep, i just grabbed mine out of the box and went to town installing them.. didnt run into any issues.. I believe the only thing that matters is top and bottom when installing them.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep, i just grabbed mine out of the box and went to town installing them.. didnt run into any issues.. I believe the only thing that matters is top and bottom when installing them.
So yours weren't separated by int & exh? Yeah, I'm sure the builder knows all about that. I might be his first high-hp D-series build...so maybe he'll be extra cool about my stuff. I know that he already milled/turned my factory FW for free! REMO, shhhhhhhh...don't tell! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts