Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is located in the head on the tranny side and regulates coolant temperature? My check engine light is on because of a coolant temp sensor ( or something along those lines) and my mechanic said its the one right on the head. My idle is surging and he figures if I put the working one from my Y7 on it will fix the problem.....

Anyone?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Coolant temp (CLT) sensor is located under the dizzy. It's the bigger one of those with two wires(and 22 or 19mm base, iirc). Smaller one-wire sensor is for temp gauge and has no effect into engine management.
All Honda temp sensors(Denso) should be interchangeable, afaik.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Coolant temp (CLT) sensor is located under the dizzy. It's the bigger one of those with two wires(and 22 or 19mm base, iirc). Smaller one-wire sensor is for temp gauge and has no effect into engine management.
All Honda temp sensors(Denso) should be interchangeable, afaik.

so if my temp sensor is not working whatsoever, would the problem be the sensor? do i need to replace it or is there another possible cause, like a fuse or something... cause as of now it doesnt budge at all.
:mad:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
so if my temp sensor is not working whatsoever, would the problem be the sensor? do i need to replace it or is there another possible cause, like a fuse or something... cause as of now it doesnt budge at all.
:mad:
If your temp gauge is not working it could just be a loose wire. Check the wire that connects to the head first and then follow it back to the gauge cluster to see if its cut or damaged

1 - 7 of 7 Posts