Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says anything, I've searched here, turbod16.com, honda-tech, etc. :lol:. There's just too many different opinions on this out there. I just want an opinion on these to see which one you guys think will give me the best results. I do have the stealthmode adj. on the car now. I know you can take the lever off to keep it from getting bumped and what not, but I am just a picky bastard sometimes and would feel better if I had one that could not be changed lol. Here are the ones I'm looking at.
1st:

.063 inch Oil Restrictor from Integrated Engineering. $13.49 + shipping

2nd:

Oil Inlet Restrictor - .065" hole size 1/8" NPT (for Journal bearing and larger GT BB) From atpturbo.com $14.00 + shipping

3rd:

Function7 T3/T4 -3 AN Turbo Oil Inlet Flange + Gasket. $17.99 + shipping. From looking at this one, it doesn't look like it would restrict much at all. The hole on the bottom looks almost if not the same size as the top in the pics. It's really hard to tell in those pics though.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
i have the first one and i haven't had any problems yet just make sure to use Teflon tape, 2nd one looks good as well but the 3rd looks too big

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
ive used the 2nd one on 3 different cars so far, and im using it on my new setup. my vote goes to that one.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
you're looking at the wrong function7 inlet, you're looking for the "restricted" inlet, where the orifice is much smaller.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you're looking at the wrong function7 inlet, you're looking for the "restricted" inlet, where the orifice is much smaller.
That's what I thought, the inlet on there is way too big. That's the only thing I can find for function 7 though on ebay, the online store is closed on the site. Edit, they have a -4an, but not a 3

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
huh, there were restricted ones on ebay on thursday...

thats how I knew they were different

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
not to thread jack but how do u figure out what kind of restrictor you need? and with the oil lines as well return and feed?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
im using the function 7, and the hole is nowhere naer that size, allllllllllllot smallller.thats the wrongone like stated above.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
forgot to mention the one im using is 1/16"

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found the function 7 regulator for the -3an fitting, part # 350015046408. $17.99 + shpping. A lot smaller hole.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
^Definitely looks ALOT closer too the size you're looking for. Would you still be able to use your current guage post-restrictor to monitor flow?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^Definitely looks ALOT closer too the size you're looking for. Would you still be able to use your current guage post-restrictor to monitor flow?
Not if I go with the function 7 one, which is the one I'll prob go with. It looks like that's going to be my best bet and have heard a lot of good things about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts