Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a while trying to figure out which injectors I should buy and I have been reading that some b and d series are interchangeable, I would rather just buy some injectors that are specific to d series so I don't have to worry about fitment by rc doesn't state which fit what. I was looking at sl4-440 and sl9-440 and noticed the tips are different and the tops are to so I would like to know which I should order?

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
It all depends on your setup. Mentioning the year of the car and the engine might help alittle.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a d16y5 I figured I said d16 was good enough because all d series should be interchangeable.I'm boosting my car here soon for those that don't know already

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats wrong with rc injectors? i noticed on there website the smallest injector was a 715cc isnt that way to big for my 200hp goal that im shooting for with my turbo build.also im looking for something thats plug and play i dont want to add a resistor box

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well because i was under the impression that they were decent. i was told by another member to by rc injectors so thats what i have had my eyes on.and i have seen them on plenty build threads online so i figured they were good.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Are you turbocharging the car?
Your equations are 200X.65=130
Then 130/3.4=38.24 lb per hour injector. Then 38.24X10.5=401.5cc injector. I rounded up a few of those on the decimal, so if you are doing the math and your answer doesn't match. And if you are going NA, then change the .65 to .50, and work that shit out. This equation is only for a 4 cylinder. Let us know if you need anything else. And to answer you question of D16 injectors are all the same, no they are not. If you have a resistor box then should be running Peak and Hold/Low Impedance injectors. Without a resistor box is Saturated/High Impedance. Google is yo friend.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been using google looking to see which injector model to buy from rc but i was unaware that they are junk? so now i am looking into what makes them junk and im looking for another brand i should buy. yes i am turbocharging my car her in probably the next month, all i need is an ecu, injectors, and the water lines for my turbo and a tune. plan on 200hp so im pretty sure injector dynamics is out of the question with there smallest injector being 710 cc

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
from the pictures ive seen, and the issues ive read about, RC's have very poor spray patterns.

ive had good luck with DSM 450 blue tops, Precision 1000's/788's and FIC 1250's

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thanks for the insight guys I was clueless. So I'm going to order the fic 525 cc then and hopefully there good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts