Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all, i have a z6 in my ej1 and plan on swappin to a jdm d15b 3stage head and boosting (sumtime down the road)....but first off i want it to be a pretty strong n/a motor for a while.....what program can i use to tune the p2j ecu with this unique head?.....for now i just want to set both vtec x-over p oints dif, and play with ign/cam timing and a/f ratios.....then tune for boost later......the school i go 2 has a dyno and aem ems for us to "play with".....can i do so with 3 cam lobes on the ems?....muchos gracias

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There isen't anything for the OBD2 ECU's. If you can find the proper chip to use you can hex edit the map to a point.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i can use an obd1 p72 ecu to control both vtec solenoids?.....can u explain exactly how the iab output can control the first solenoid?.....also, if this DOES work, what program can be used for all the stages?

·
Registered
516 Posts
so i can use an obd1 p72 ecu to control both vtec solenoids?.....can u explain exactly how the iab output can control the first solenoid?.....also, if this DOES work, what program can be used for all the stages?
The IAB output is almost exactly the same as the Vtec output.

They're both activated under certain conditions and they both drive +12v devices.

There isn't a specific program you use for this aside from your general P72 base program. Then you have to tune and adjust to make it work.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea you wont really be able to have 3 layers of the tune youll just have to set where the 16v mode enters and tune below that properly.

you will RARELY if ever be in 12v mode(unless you tune for it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts