Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting an a6 head and a d15b1 in a trade and wantesd to build a motor for the track. i heard i could use vitara pistons in the d15 wit the a6 head it will just raise compression up pretty high (which is what i want). i havent decided if i want to upgrade to forged d16 rods or just use stockers for the d15b crank. has anyone ever done the ls rod swap onto a d15b crank?

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
uhhh.. people use vitaras for low compression boosted setups.. and you can't use 1.6 rods on a 1.5 crank, unless you have a JDM d15B crank

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhh.. people use vitaras for low compression boosted setups.. and you can't use 1.6 rods on a 1.5 crank, unless you have a JDM d15B crank
i forgot to mention i was gettign a jdm d15 b crank. the rods are longer on d16 therefore most people just use slugs from d15's but, vitara pistons very low compression and i was wondering if they were short enoguh to work in the d15 block with that head. im not positive but i think i remember reading it on sohchonda where it yielded 12.5:1

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
i'm not sure if you can put a jdm d15b crank in your block... i think it only fit d16

i think its the d15z1 crank that fit but anyway... rods are weak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts