Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stock D16Y7 In a Sedan 1996 with a automatic which one would be good i don't want to swap to a 5spd. Would a turbo or nitrous with a 65shot with a good tuning with a obd-1 ecu which one would be better i know auto robs alot of pwer but i want to stay automatic

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
bigfoot said:
go with a 5spd:lol:
lol.....

blk-honda-civic said:
I have a stock D16Y7 In a Sedan 1996 with a automatic which one would be good i don't want to swap to a 5spd a turbo or nitrous with a 65shot with a good tuning with a obd-1 ecu which one would be better i know auto robs alot of pwer but i want to stay automatic
NOS, all day. I'd start with 55 shot, but 65 may be ok.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But see i don't know how to put a 5spd and don't know anyone around the georgia area that does know i am willing to pay for it if they know what they r doing and come do it at my house since my car is not running right now

·
Registered
77 Posts
Put a shot of Nitrous on it and call it a day. It will make it a fun little car at the track and you have less chance of blowing it up. If you don't know what you are doing with turbo or you can't afford to pay someone that knows what they are doing, stay away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
pennyless said:
If you don't know what you are doing with turbo or you can't afford to pay someone that knows what they are doing, stay away.
If you don't know what you are doing with Nitrous or you can't afford to pay someone that knows what they are doing, also stay away.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
Why not go 5spd? Your car would be a LOT quicker just by swapping it. Not only do your gear ratios suck, but the tranny is heavier and you have more power loss through the drivetrain.

But I sorta agree. A 65 shot would be cheaper.
your prefference should be based on what type of driving you will be doing.

don't be pressured by these guys into a 5 speed, there is nothing wrong with an automatic tranny car. Especially come traffic hour, you'll be laughing at the people who have to drive stick.

and about the tranny being heavier, thats true. Although it is something like 100 lbs of difference, in daily driving you wont really notice it. and true also that there is more loss through the drivetrain, something like 10%+.[edit] 10% more than manual tranny[/edit]

but again, dont be pressured. THe auto is great, torque converter giving you a little grunt. ease of driving... but you already said you wanted to stay with the auto

in that case, i'd say some small shot of nitrous would have to be the best bang for the buck. Nitrous kits are what, $400 dollars these days? Its power when you want it for cheap. And the kits nowadays are so plug and play easy you probably don't even have to worry about internals or fuel management past what the instructions tell you.

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
5sp is the only way to drive. there's alot of guys in GA. I bet one of them could point you in the right direction. good luck man.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts