Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
i'm looking for a non detergent oil to brake my d16.
i live in israel and we dont have oils like penzoil or brad penn or shell,

but we do have castrol,mobil1,valvoline,motul,ac delco,royal purple, silkolene ,ford motocraft, agip, liqui moly and thats about it,

do you guys know which one of them makes non detergent oil? i'v read that the castrol gtx is non detergend but the bottle says "fight sludge"

thanks

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
fuck royal purple

find any cheap regular 5w-30 that passes SAE-30 inspections. the sticker on the container will show this.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
You can order any engine oil. Me personally, I would use torco break in oil.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, I used Castrol GTX actually during break-in; as long as it is not the high-mileage stuff you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
You do not need or want non detergent or break in. Th detergent qualities help carry contamination and wear particles to the filter.

A straight cheap 30 weight and change it several times during break in.
As soon as the rings are bedded go to a good full real synthetic. If you are in Israel, do not choose one that I to light, I would think 10w3.

With the correct bore finish and break in procedure, the rings bed in quite quickly. There are plenty of threads about this.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
pat i've always used non detergent for initial startup and heat cycle. i prefer the oil to wash the machining contaminants into the pan to settle and be drained.

after the initial heat cycle and drain i change the filter and run rotella for a few miles to scrub and carry anything left over to the filter, then i change to regular valvoline or whatever.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,927 Posts
WalMart SuperTech non-synthetic. Cheap and it meets all the newer API standards.

If you're really concerned about it, find a molybdenum additive or a specific break in oil that contains molybdenum.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Patrick

He is in Israel. I doubt they have WalMart there.

Racepak.

I thought Rotella was Shell

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
amsoil break in oil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts