Honda D Series Forum banner

Which motor should i go with

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jvtec8k 
#1 ·
okay so im 19 and have a 94 ej1 that im currently converting to a stick shift. the guy that i bought it from had a d15b already in it and i have a d16z6 already at my house. my question is which motor should i build? i plan on doing this right and its my first build. my plans are rods n pistons, head rebuild with stage 2 cam along with either t3/t4 turbo and of course a tune.

what do yall think? any tips or suggestions?

im not a complete noob my dad and i have worked on cars but those were american muscle, but this is something that i have wanted to do for a while

thanks guys

#3 ·
Build he z6, but first what are your goals? Not in life, but in hp, style of use, etc? This will help refine your process and come up with a rounded build that lasts.

#5 · (Edited)
D16z6

Rods/Piston
t3/t4 50 trim turbo
Ebay intercooler + pipings
dsm 450 + resistor box
Walbro 255
crome or s300

With those you can possibly push 250-300hp with a good tune and still surprise people at the strip. Just gotta stay commited and keep your eyes on the goal. It's not that hard like most people making it sound to be

#8 ·
D16z6

Rods/Piston
t3/t4 50 trim turbo
Ebay intercooler + pipings
dsm 450 + resistor box
Walbro 255
crome or s300

With those you can possibly push 250-300hp with a good tune and still surprise people at the strip. Just gotta stay commited and keep your eyes on the goal. It's not that hard like most people making it sound to be
This^

Don't forget ARP head studs.

you have the info, now go get parts and start building. dont get caught up into which brands to buy over another.

#10 ·
^^ Lmao! :lol:

#16 ·
This is why I only posted what I did.

Now if the few others that have posted in other parts of the forum done the same the result would have been different than what was posted

#18 ·
okay thanks yall ill definatly keep my eye on my goals ill be sure to ask more when i really start to get into it. and fyi i put that whole "american muscle" bit just to say that im not a total "noob" and that i know my way around a car. i know i have much to learn and cant wait to learn and expierence it all, but keep your asshat comments to yourself
thanks bro :)

#19 ·
Simple rules in building fast cars, don't cheap out ad do it right the first time. We all started from somewhere but welcome to dso you will find everything you need here with a touch of a button.

Reactions: slo_eg8
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.