Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a quick look about, but not found much. If i decide to use twin webers on my Y7 build, is there an aftermarket intake manifold available which i can mount these to?

Of is it a case of custom fabricating something to fit them?

I want to look inot the cost of this as the carbs on there own are a small fortune, and im going to need to save for this mod!

Any help is greatly appreciated. :TU:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
pierce manifolds, i think have them.. im not sure, but im sure its expensive..

unless u can fab a set ur own.. or have sum1 fab them...

·
Registered
512 Posts
TWM... I just picked one up from eBay for $150. Arrived 2 days ago, but with a small crack in it. Nothing irreparable though.

I think Lohatch has one of them for sale with twin Mikuni PHH44 carbs on it. He's a good seller, I can vouch for him !

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.boggbros.co.uk/index.html

very very nice helpful guys , will make you one for about £150

if you take an ome Y7 manifold ,and cut the plate off it , he will add the runners and mounts for you , this will work out cheaper than him getting one lazer cut for you ;)
Id forgotten about them actually. Someone else did recommend them as i was contemplting CBR ITBs. I have a Y7 inlet mani i can chop up, so i might see what they can do. Im swaying more to the running of twin webers though. A lot less complicated when its all set up with no electronics!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TWM... I just picked one up from eBay for $150. Arrived 2 days ago, but with a small crack in it. Nothing irreparable though.

I think Lohatch has one of them for sale with twin Mikuni PHH44 carbs on it. He's a good seller, I can vouch for him !
I will have a look see if can find his for sale thread.

I had been looking on ebay for the TWM inlet mani, but no luck. :(

And i cant seem to find any more information about it anywhere! I know it wont be known as a D16Y7 inlet manifold. But will it just be classed as a D series mani...?

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
is the D16Y7 maniflod the same stud patten as the D15 ??? the guy can us the gasket as a template too !!!!

why i was asking id you might be able to mod the twin carb manifold from a d14 /d 15 , just weld on webber flanges on , i know you can but the flanges ,

do you know anyone who can tig weld ???

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is the D16Y7 maniflod the same stud patten as the D15 ??? the guy can us the gasket as a template too !!!!

why i was asking id you might be able to mod the twin carb manifold from a d14 /d 15 , just weld on webber flangs
I dont know if its the same or not. I will have to look that up..

I emailed Pierce Manifolds to see what they can do aswell. So ill wait and see what they have to say.

Im taking my current setup to Kent on monday to be tuned with Hondata. So i hope they can fit it in asap and see how it goes! Then i can save up for the carb swap.. I have found the carbs for sale. Cost just under £700 for the carbs only.. :(

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have PHH40's as well, OEM Toyota ones no less. Come with a nice red ID tag on them. JDM yo ! :)

Lohatch was asking $750 or so for the twins and the manifold, with all the linkages etc in place. That's a good price, IMO. They're comparable to twin DCOE 45, but they hold their tune better.

·
Registered
512 Posts
50s are overkill, I've seen a 200whp D16a6 with only 45s, so...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, maybe your right. Im looking to get the absolute most from the Y7 ive got though. I think ill talk to some of the carb tuners round here andf see what they think.

I might even look at increasing the compression some mroe at a later date. I might have another word with Bisi see what he says, he recommened the 50's to go with teh level 3 cam.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have PHH40's as well, OEM Toyota ones no less. Come with a nice red ID tag on them. JDM yo ! :)

Lohatch was asking $750 or so for the twins and the manifold, with all the linkages etc in place. That's a good price, IMO. They're comparable to twin DCOE 45, but they hold their tune better.

awesome! , now if only i can get rid of my PHH40's to make room for maybe phh44s or weber45s hehehe

·
Registered
725 Posts
You can get a stock carb mani off ebay for it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Should sound like a mean mofo when you're giving it some stick. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts