Which LSD should I get?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get and LSD for my D16Z6. Give me your opinion.
-Synchrotech
-OBX
-Wavetrac Limited
Which one? I am not in a rush.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
synchrotech i believe is a mfactory dealer. so i believe their lsd's are mfactory brand.

·
Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
694 Posts
mfactory

Obx = poor workmanship, they come 1/2 finished. I would never buy an OBX product.

I havent researched the other 2 brands you have listed, but I am familiar with the mfactory helis.

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, since you're building a rally car, the only way to go is with a clutch-style diff - I personally have a KAAZ, but I'm interested to see the new diff from m-factory.

(seriously, tell us what you're using it for and then you can get some meaningful answers!)
I don't need meaningful answer. But here is a little info. This will be a daily driver and the occasional track day. I am shooting for 350 to 400. Like the post says. I just want your opinion on what lsd is the best. I never said anything about a rally car.

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some ZC trannys come with LSD..... If you can find one... And the gearing is alot better in my opinion!
Thanks I did not know that. What do you mean the gearing is better? Like shorter, longer???

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
wavetrac from what i see there good but most importantly because its made in the usa so warranty issues wont be fucked up to send out and take forever. mfactory also is a good choice.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Some ZC trannys come with LSD..... If you can find one... And the gearing is alot better in my opinion!
i have one, it came with a 4.437FD but it's not like a regular LSD. it's a Viscous LSD. good for a DD and some weekend worrior but after a while it can fail but proper maintience of oil change can make it last.(that was i understood from my research)
Phantom Slip
lmao

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Are Quaife still available?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
hmm, $1000 for a quafie or $650 for M factory that is the SAME or better. lol why even say Quafie, those bastards finally can go suck a cock with their over priced units, thanks to M Factory providing us with affordable quality diffs.

M FACTORY ALL THE WAY!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts