Honda D Series Forum banner

Which kit would you choose for direct port?

• ZEX

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • NX

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • NOS

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking a ZEX kit, but any other suggestion? explain your choice. reguardless of which kit, it will be a direct port kit.

W

·
0 Posts
I've always been very happy with n.o.s. kits. Very reliable, very simple, and inexpensive. My civic's n.o.s. wet kit has been going now for 4 years total, zero problems. I also have a s10 with a 355 and a n.o.s. plate kit. The kit was bought used but has been on my truck for over 3 years now, zero problems. I bought a n.o.s. dry kit for my daily driver civic a couple years back, zero problems. I've installed a few Zex, NX, & TNT kits on customers cars and have always been fairly happy. We've had both NX & TNT soilenoids lock up, after a short period of time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive used NOS kits in the past and it worked well. Never gave me any problems and i was running a 100shot direct port

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I'd go with zex, heard a lot of good things about them. Form what I've heard the zex is also supposed one of the safest on the market

W

·
0 Posts
I would have to go with N.O.S. or zex for sure. You can usually find n.o.s. kits for alot cheaper, especially used. I do like the zex kits though. I put a Zex wet kit(125 shot), hks cat back, & injen intake on an 05' Maxima(automatic). Went mid 8's at almost 88 mph! 2.4-2.5 60's on street tires. Was alot of fun to drive on the street also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
88ED3 said:
...explain your choice.
^^^Some of you fellas are forgetting something here^^^

I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate the opinions from people who have actually used the kit(s). Can't really make a decision based off of what you've heard, read, or by which manufacturer paints their nitrous bottles your favorite color.

W

·
0 Posts
I agree with what youre saying Kango.

I've used all 3 brands listed even tnt on everything from civics, integras, accords, bmw's, 350z's, Q45, maximas, 4,6,& 8 cylinders.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
d16rice said:
I have ZEX...
I picked it up because of two reasons:
-WOT switch
-Everything is combined into one unit... it looks good and is easy to install.
Zex is a very reliable kit and like he said above it is pretty easy to install....

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kango said:
88ED3 said:
...explain your choice.
^^^Some of you fellas are forgetting something here^^^

I'm pretty sure he'd appreciate the opinions from people who have actually used the kit(s). Can't really make a decision based off of what you've heard, read, or by which manufacturer paints their nitrous bottles your favorite color.
exactly! thanks bruh.

·
Registered
wtf? read above
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont want to spray in 1st gear, because itd be pointless. i want the WOT switch, but for 2nd-5th...i think ima got Fast and Furious style an have my switch on the steering wheel (im getting a Sparco Mugello). a bunch of my friends say its easier anyway. none the less, i will be buying a ZEX directport. ill have too drill and tap my manifold right?

·
Registered
301 Posts
ive always like to use it by button either on the steering wheel or attached to the shift knob because you can spray when you want so you can just stay ahead of other person on the WOT switch you have to let off to stop spraying

W

·
0 Posts
Yes, you'll have to drill and tap your manifold as well as bend alot of tubing. Just make sure to take your time and get everything perfect. Dont let the weight of the distribution blocks be suspended by the tubing. The added stress along with vibration will cause the tubes to crack. Support them with a bracket attached to the manifold.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts