Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. finally i installed my nitrous. evrysingle conection looks good, the electricall ysem is working fine. but since i have a d15b7 stock internals and is my daily ride i dont want to run a big shot. what jetting would you recommended to me? ( nos wet system, snipper, orange bottle):punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

·
Registered
14 Posts
it can take easyly 50-55 hp wet shot , check on the internet site for the jetting # for that, also check to have not advanced timing , check spark plugs after the first try(maybe 1-2 range colder spark plugs) and the air/fuel, put premium fuel also !

great nitrous time

bye

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool.. i installed 30 from the nitrous jet and 22 for th gasoline jet, and 0 retarting i will try it tomorrow at the 1/8 milestrip ... will let you know guys the results.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You might want to pull 2* of timing to start with, I know I needed to on my dry kit even though it said no change in timing.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i dont know why people say only 75 shot.. its the same cylinder pressures as a turbo

so if a civic with 120 flywheel making about 100whp u can put a 100 shot on there easy cause it will make 200whp.. hell i think you could run a 150 shot if u had hondata to retard timing

·
Registered
525 Posts
100 shots have been done before, but a 150 is really pushing it. I will agree with you though, and I would probably try a 100 shot if it wasn't my daily driver and if I had hondata but at the moment I'm not in the position to test that theory. By the time you buy the engine management, and if you want the extras like a heater/opener/purge/blow-down tube/etc... then you would probably just be better off turboing it and having the power all the time, and this is coming from a person who likes nitrous and has never owned a turboed car. (yet, anyway)

I think 75 shots are recommended more often because nitrous is kind of the cheap and easy way to make power but people get carried away or don't know what they are doing so nitrous gets a bad rap and people are either too scared to use it all together or at least push the limits with it like a 100 shot.

Now that I have some experience with it I think the best applications for nitrous would be to either perk up a low cost i/h/e setup on the weekends at the track for someone who really doesn't race much or to spool up a big turbo. I just don't like the setup I have now where I have to depend on the bottle to go fast(er). I'm not trying to steer anyone away from it because it really is a good thing, but its just not for everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts