Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
for D16z6/d15B

Log style, Tubular or Ramhorn style..?

pros 'n cons ?

That's kind of a jumbled question. There are two manifold construction types: cast and tubular. The only ones that are cast are log manifolds and OEM production manifolds. Everything else is tubular, i.e. welded from pieces of plumbing pipe.

As far as design types, there are five basic types:
Log -> Mini-me/shorty -> Ramhorn -> Equal Length -> Topmount

That's the list from cheapest to most expensive (generally). And equal length manifolds generally look similar in appearance to Ramhorns, they're just a bit better.

The best bang for your buck is a good old fashioned log manifold. A good shorty usually isn't much more. If you were willing to spring for a ramhorn, you might as well get an equal-length. And forget about top-mounts.

So depending on how much you want to spend, I'd recommend setting your priorities as follows:

Log -> Mini-me/Shorty -> Equal-length

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
anything equal length is ideal because it evens out the exhaust gasses properly.
ramhorns, and topmounts that are equal length costs $$$$ though. but you have to pay for the best.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so.. the ramhorn is identically with equal length

and this kind of manifold do more power than log style that have non equal runner

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
so.. the ramhorn is identically with equal length

and this kind of manifold do more power than log style that have non equal runner
some people make whats called a "mini ram" which isnt equal length. but yes in theory an equal length ramhorn manifold will make more topend power than a log because you have exhaust pulses fighting against each other and are more even . a log manifold would probably spool a bit quicker than a ram but lack the topend power. log manifold would cost considerably less money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts