Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty guys. i am wantin ti build a mini me. i have the z6 head already,well i have the whole engine,but the block has alot of miles on it. MY question is what would be the best block to use for this?

thanks
me

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a a6 block in my car but i dont want to use it b/c it has 240000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I also install an a6 block in spring :hyper:

·
Registered
320 Posts
yeah i'm in the process of finding a d16a6.. and an 96-00 EX head and intake and tranny!

·
Registered
593 Posts
a6/z6 will give you around ~10:1 comp. ratio. If you already have the block rebuild it or find a low mileage one.

i did this but the oil pump faild :0wnage:

mill the head .030 and you should be close to around 10.7:1, which is a good place to start.

·
Registered
593 Posts
that'll give you around 10.10:1 comp. and rev pretty nice. It would proly work pretty well in your light crx (im assuming crx)

is that 20 bux for a healthy complete block? thats a steal!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting closer to 10.3 in my b7/z6 and love the revs. Small crank faster revs, has always worked for me, just ask my friends ls.

·
Registered
371 Posts
So the D15B7 will rev faster. Does a A6 block have a higher hp potential? I'm shooting for 12.6:1 comp in my mini-me

·
Registered
652 Posts
i have a d15b, it likes 8000rpm even without vtak

·
Registered
593 Posts
Chaos325 said:
So the D15B7 will rev faster. Does a A6 block have a higher hp potential? I'm shooting for 12.6:1 comp in my mini-me
only cause displacment. 1.6>1.5

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alrighty guys, i am gona do a d15b7 block with a1 pistons and a z6 head , what u think the comp ratio will be

1 - 20 of 35 Posts