Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got an Edelbrock intake manifold on my Y8 off a friend who didnt include the gasket for me so I'm on the hunt for one asap. Question is would any replacement intake manifold gasket fit?

I can get my hands on an OEM intake manifold gasket for $28AUD in a few days. Would this fit perfectly and prevent vacuum leaks?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Yes it will work fine but if you can get a thermal they are reusable and work just as good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was the air injection model only introduced in America? i dont think AUDM models have them :\
My car didn't have it so i had to pipe plug the air injection hole on the intake manifold.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I've re-used an OEM A6 gasket 3-4 times already without issues. Granted, I didn't have many miles on the engine in between the times that I removed the supercharger but my manifold and cylinder head probably get hotter than many other setups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh yeah okay fair enough I'm going to get an OEM Gasket because nobody sells thermal ones here except America and i cannot wait that long :\

Can OEM Ones be taken off a few times within like lets say the first 1000kms? Incase i may have made a mistake?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Ive seen those thermal gaskets get deformed and start making wicked vacuum leaks when reinstalled.

I also wonder how much of a difference they really make. Maybe the manifold stays a little cooler but does it really translate to that volume of air flowing through it at high speed being any cooler?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ive seen those thermal gaskets get deformed and start making wicked vacuum leaks when reinstalled.

I also wonder how much of a difference they really make. Maybe the manifold stays a little cooler but does it really translate to that volume of air flowing through it at high speed being any cooler?
I can see it contributing to reducing vapour lock in the fuel rail/lines. The boundary layer of dead air right at the surface of the IM is a good insulator anyways, right? heheh

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts

A thin layer of RTV is usually enough. They don't make any difference as I've logged IATs before and after and they were the exact same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts