Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 7lb Flywheel....that i gave to my friend and we put it in his car and i and it seems to help out alot...Hes gonan buy me a new one to replace it...BUT i was wondering which would be better for a turbo setup the 11lb or the 7lb...I have driven the 7lb with stage 2 clutch and i like the setup but im wondering what would it be like with turbo...does neone run a 7lb or 11lb with turbo...if so give me some advice on which way to go...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Search about the differences. Starting a thread about this is like opening pandoras box, no good can come from it.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Well i have the 7lb fidanza and was gonna put it in this weekend with a new clutch and dx transmission(recently have a cx tranny). Then along with that install i hope to hook up my turbo finally. I dunno how valid my opinion would be because of all the changes to my car, but i could tell you how well it runs and the drivability after its installed...

·
Registered
344 Posts
It would make sense that since the lighter flywheel can accelerate faster, just due to less inertia, that it would allow for your turbo to spool up faster. So i would agree with silvertuner above and say go with the 7lb.

·
Registered
46 Posts

well i got the tranny and the lighter flywheel in this weekend and i say it feels really awsum. I noticed a lil better acceleration but no severe idle problems like lots of people say, just a raised idle from 7-800 to about 1000-1100. It is also very snappy when starting off, which i could see as a problem in traffic, but going up hills wasn't a problem. I drove 50 miles in 5th gear up and down hills and was the same as the cx tranny with the stock flywheel. On my final note, Id recommend the 7lb flywheel to anyone who asked.

B

·
0 Posts
I have a 91dx tranny with the 7lb fidanza flywheel and a 4puck sprung disk w/ a HD pressure plate. I just got done driveing it home for the first time tonight and its really not all that bad once you get a feel for takeing off. I think its great but a traffic jam will be the real test after i break it in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts