Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so having difficulty. The pdf from bosch makes sense but in going w that injector family I'm going larger than anticipated, w the motorsport 566cc injector being all that's indicated as available in a standard body, conical spray. Which is fine if they run nice and can spray well at light load. But do i want a 25 degree cone or a 70 degree cone? What is the stock pattern size?

Too bad there's no e85 here

Adding to my confusion is the deatschwerks site listing a 440cc for a civic... but the site is ambiguous. It doesn't SAY they are ev14 and leaves the door open for other types.

Additionally summit has ADDITIONAL deatsch werks ev14 options. Gah!

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I work for DeatschWerks, so I can help.

The standard listing for B/D-series is a 60mm height Denso. If you want an EV14 build, I can help you with that directly. That's what I have in the Tape-R and my B16B swapped CRX.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help away! I'm really looking for something with a lower ceiling than 500+cc and am waiting on a reply from the guy in the fs section here w the fuel rail drilled for ev14s. What aspects of the injector build are customizable, and what makes say a certain conical spread angle better for one application than another?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Well, I did find an EV14 build for the B/D/H series - 18U-04-xxxx-4. It is available in 5 flow rates: 440, 550, 650, 800, 1000

We haven't found a noticeable difference with in-car testing/tuning between a narrow spray pattern (5-15º) and the OE pattern (4 narrow beams at 15-20º alpha). The air moving past the injector and the split in the port leading to the 2 valves does a good job of getting the fuel into the cylinder through both valves.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the xXxX the flow rate? 0440 for 440 etc? 440 would suit me, but dude hasn't pmed me about the fuel rail so I kinda in a holding pattern

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Yeah, the 4 x's is where the flow number goes. 3-digit flow rate would have a 0 in front of it like you noted.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,935 Posts
Dude just order injectors from Injector Nation. HiProfile (member here) modifies the EV14 injectors to fit many different applications and offers them in many sizes.

Just installed the 600's on the JRSC manifold in my CRX. They fit well although I think I need to shim my fuel rail a tad to get them to seal at the right height.

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noted. Thanks man, injectors will be bought and paid for this week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts