• other

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old b7 is trash and there are not junk yards around me that have a z6 with under 200k so Im going to order an engine from hmotors but which one?

Im looking at the sohc zc which is the same as a d16a6 correct?

Im also looking at the d15b vtec

Which one would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
single slammer..ftw

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
SOHC ZC i say

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
wait are you boosting it or all motor?...sohc zc..or try [d15 odbo non-vtec sohc]i wana see how much power they make..my 2 cents

·
Registered
79 Posts
A buddy of mine just put a D15B vtec in his eg coupe and that motor pulls hard even with his dx tranny. I just put a 92-95 zc vtec in my ef hatch and this motor feels stronger but still trying to work out some issues.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan to eventually boost but not anytime soon. Ill be buying a new engine to get my car on the road and in the future build it for boost.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
ok gl with everthing..so what do ya think bout the motor i told you about..?..curious

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure which one to go with. Can they both be built the same or is one more supported than the other?

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
itz more supported than the other i think..lol..im bored..well i got a d15 sohc non v-tec and i wana cee what it can do with all motor or boost..

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
if you plan on future internal mods I would go with the ZC only because internals for a D15b are nearly impossible to get.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, hmotors is sold out of the sohc zc. If I do get one of those any parts for the d16a6 will work right?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
ummmm internals for a D15B7 are impossible to get, D15B vtec has the same rod length as the D16 so that isnt the issue. Besides, the D15B is a decent motor

·
Registered
my car
108 Posts
ummmm internals for a D15B7 are impossible to get, D15B vtec has the same rod length as the D16 so that isnt the issue. Besides, the D15B is a decent motor
same rod length, but different deck height, crank and pistons are for the d15b vtec period. that's what makes the motor a gamble. Not supported(except for head) but runs like it wants to be! i just read somewhere on hear that some vitaras may fit for boost, and for compression some PMS pop ups may fit. but none of it has been confirmed. It's kind of a tough call. I have the d15 and love it so far. good luck to ya

·
Registered
the same
347 Posts
for the price and power I think that its hard to beat a d15b.
If want to boost (6-8psi) you could run the d15b with stock internals, just dont expect 300whp, well maybe once. let us know what you do. As I said in another post like this one,
d15b cheap, with $$ left over for beer for your buddies to drink while helping you install.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
actually if he does a Vitara piston set-up his CR is around 8.2~8.3 which is a reall good number for boost

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
d15

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
VTAKKKKKK! haha but seriously

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
I've had my D15B boosted on 6psi for a few thousand miles and it's going strong. nothing changed on the motor, completely stock until i get more money. D15B FTW! make sure to get the tranny w/ the motor or they wont sell it to you later separately. unless you already have a Si/Ex trans. you'll also have to chip a P28 to run the D15B maps, or it will just run rich and cold with the stock P28 maps.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts