Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well dicks at honda-tech were bein just that, DICKS..but anyways i have a 91 HB with a d15b2 in it...its kinda shitty so im gunna swap it with another one. i found a wrecked 95 civic and it has a 1.5...which is d15b....right?? what im wonderin is which one is it and if it mounts the same as my d15b2??i havent seen the car yet ive only talked to the guy so i dont kno much about it excepts its a 1.5 and automatic. thanks for the help...hopefully yall wont get shitty with me either! :beer:

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
probably the same engine....do u know if the civic is a ex hx or whatever also has he ever swapped engines before? If u find out that info we can tell u what should be in there STOCK.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah i kno its not a b2 cuz they were in the 88-91 models..if it is a b7 whats the advantages over the b2??if any??im hopin it will b a direct swap but i doubt it knowin my luck

oh yeah...the engine has been swaped before but i dont know if he put the same engine back in...i assume so since it was a older guy that has it

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
b7 has the same head as an a6 except the camshaft (according to transzex)

the block is kind of weak, but it might be in better shape than your 91.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
I was told that all D's engines will bolt up to any D trans... Knowing who told me this I don't know if I would trust this..... so I'm going to say no. Do you have a auto?

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
if it is a b7 there will not be much horsepower advatages over your current one. if your lookin for more horsepower get a d16z6 it wouldn;t cost that much more and would be more powerful. just my .02. good luck man.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i took a look at it today and its a b7...runs great. i skimed over things and it looked like it would be a direct swap other then the intake...so am i right?? it has ac and powersteering but my car dosnt have neither so i wont be needin any of that shyt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts