Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im thinkin of boostin my new zc vtec and wondering what you guys think about dsm turbos. tdo4,tdo5h or t25? are they all internally wastegated? what psi?
what about 14b etc?

i basically want a simple turbo kit. log mani, small (dsm)turbo/dsm 450cc injectors(i think a t3 would be the biggest i would want...tops!) and simple 2.5" downpipe so i can keep my same 2.5" exhaust.

also, is it better to have a recirculating bov(or diverter valve) on our hondas or vent to atmosphere? im just asking cuz i know on dsm's it IS better to recirculate instead of vent to atmosphere

just wondering on what you guys think about these oem turbos....
just want a simple, quick spoolin turbo setup. i'd be MORE than happy to happy 150Whp.....i know more would be better, and that i'd want to upgrade later, but 150Whp would be great for now...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also(i know alot of you are going to say build my own kit etc etc...) if i WERE to just cop a new greddy kit for the z6, would i need anything NOT supplied with the kit other than a tuner? i know i comes with everything that I know is needed(but im not 100% sure it has everything) other than a fmic....

so if i WERE to go that route, IS there anything needed outside of an intercooler of my choice and someone to tune e-manage?

(reason why i ask is b/c im about to join the coastguard and have a kid, so i'd probably be better off buying a "kit" instead of peicing my own together over a period of time....)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I would go with the evo 16g, its newer, you can find them for a decent price, and i'm sure for a low HP build it'll be pretty efficient. Re-circulating is not needed for a car that isn't stock boosted, dsm's run better with them re-circ. because they are tuned for that extra air going out of the bov. So just vent to the atmf.
also(i know alot of you are going to say build my own kit etc etc...) if i WERE to just cop a new greddy kit for the z6, would i need anything NOT supplied with the kit other than a tuner? i know i comes with everything that I know is needed(but im not 100% sure it has everything) other than a fmic....

so if i WERE to go that route, IS there anything needed outside of an intercooler of my choice and someone to tune e-manage?

(reason why i ask is b/c im about to join the coastguard and have a kid, so i'd probably be better off buying a "kit" instead of peicing my own together over a period of time....)
Im pretty sure a greddy kit will come with a fmic. Its up to you if you want to piece it together or not, it'll probably be cheaper in the long run and you will have all the parts you want, instead of what the kit offers.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i know it would be cheaper and "custom" to peice together my own kit, but i dont really have to downtime to search/gather parts. i think i'd be better off with a greddy kit, im just not sure if its missing anything. i heard that they didnt come with an intercooler, but idk if i would need anything else after the kit/intercooler.

also, would you guys say that the greddy emanage is a good form of engine management?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
oh I see. Yeah the kit should come with the intercooler, I would be confused if it didn't. And the e manage is ok. I would suggest a chip though. Someone else can ellaborate more on that subject for you though.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Well you have to cut and splice wires, thats how any standalone/piggyback works. That and it always has to be in the car to work, its not like you can reburn your stock chip. So there is a bit of a risk for theft due to always having the emanage in your car. This is just my take on the subject. There really isn't anything wrong with using the emanage. Its up to you, but IMO I would just go with a chip.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
a ebay big 16g would be great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts