Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy's, i recently rebuild a z6 engine... i had a oil pan from a dohc zc here and it had an oil return already welded in, the z6 pan had none.. sooooo,i figured i use that zc pan right:bigok:. now there is a difference in the dipsticks z6 vs zc... the z6 one is almost 1/2" longer so less oil is to be filled to be at the correct level..... does anyone now for sure WHY they are diff. because i tought the lower end was the same on d16 engines? is it the dohc head that requires more oil? anyway ,i am a little in doubt on wich dipstick to use... z6 block+ zc oilpan = z6 dipstick or use the zc dipstick?

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
dipsticks are different because its a different motor lol... but anyway.. you should have just used the z6 pan.... i would say all you gotta do is find out how much oil a z6 uses, pour the amount in, and mark the dipstick... but then again, your oil pan could hold more or less oil.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dipsticks are different because its a different motor lol... but anyway.. you should have just used the z6 pan.... i would say all you gotta do is find out how much oil a z6 uses, pour the amount in, and mark the dipstick... but then again, your oil pan could hold more or less oil.

yes ,i know i should have used the z6 pan but it wasnt tapped for a return and the zc pan was..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked it today and my d15 and d16 sohc dipsticks are the same... the dohc ones are a little shorter , about 500 ml more oil in the dohc.... its because of the bigger head i guess...anyway,its solved:bigok:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts