Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just cracked my Crower stage 2 cam during assembly. Never mind how but I have to order another. I'm running a reworked stock Z6 block .5mm over with stock Z6 crank, P29 or PM7 pistons .5mm over sized, NPR rings, ACL oil pump, ACL bearings, stock D rods, ACL rod bearings, ARP rod bolts, Z6 head with crower titanium springs and retainers, stock valve diameter with all head work porting done by Endyne. The head was milled .020 and the block has not been milled. I'm calculating 11.3:1 compression ratio and planning to run 93 octane if possible.

My question is should I order a stage 2 Crower cam 63442Z which I have ran previously and made 125 HP to the wheels or go with the state 3 Crower cam 63443Z.

The stage 2 cam is called street strip, the stage 3 is full race and recommends most of the mods I have done except mentions using bigger valves, nitro or alcohol, forged internals

What do you think stage 2 or stage 3?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
"Hey just cracked my Crower stage 2 cam during assembly. Never mind how..."

You should know better, you can't start a post like that here without our inner children popping out... ahem...

Chin Forehead Font Ear

Photography

Face Facial expression Chin Head Forehead

Photo caption Movie Forehead Human Adaptation

Microphone Singing Singer Nose Fun

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
If a prior Crower only made 125whp, there is something else limiting power at the moment. Of course, a better cam is great, but when people can hit 140whp on a stock camshaft, something is up.

Might be an early sign to engine failure. Maybe a bearing is seizing up, maybe an oil pump is doing a shitty job.

Heck, could be as simple as something not balanced properly, and the engine is fighting itself before breathing properly.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts

Reactions: drtalon123
1 - 4 of 4 Posts