Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone take a picture of the connector that the hazard switch wires plug into?

Have a 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 4 of the wires coming from the hazard switch got pulled out of the connector that goes into the fuse box area. Does anyone have a picture or diagram to show which connector they are suppose to be in?

White/Black Stripe, Yellow/Black Stripe, Green/White Stripe, Green/Orange Stripe

These are the 4 wires coming from the Hazard Warning Switch, going to the fuse box.

This is the hazard warning switch plug (connector) coming from the center of the dash.

Which of these 3 connectors do the wires from hazard switch plug into and in what order?

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone able to take a picture of the connector that these 4 wires go into for me? It has to be one of those 3 connectors that I took a picture of, they are located @ the fuse box. I'll be able to figure out what order from just looking that the picture, thanks a ton! Can't drive until I've gotten this issue resolved (turn signals won't function). Entire cluster harness is laying on my floor until I've gotten these repined into the correct connector.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Give me a little time as I might be able to help,like an hour should be good. I just have to see of I have a cluster harness from a 96-00.

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woot awesome!! Don't ask how they got de-pined to begin with lol, I was being an idiot and thought I didn't need the Hazard Warning Switch connector. Was trying clean up the wiring harness under my dash, too much clutter created by Honda. Little did I know that the turn signals are wired through the hazard switch and there isn't a way to bypass it. At least not from what I could find....

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
From the hazard switch plug to fuse box plugs

Black/white goes to the light blue plug, bottom row 5th from left.

Yellow/black goes to the green plug,bottom row 2nd from left.

Green/white goes to the green plug,top row 5th from left

Green/orange goes to green plug,top row 7th from left.

The last pic is the hazard switch plug. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Lol I know exact what you where doing. There is a way to bypass the haszard switch. I would tell you but I don't have a 96-00 civic to try it out on to make sure it works. I've done it to 92-95 civics.

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, ok so this is what it ends up looking like after I've plugged those wires back into the correct locations.....

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now the only other question..... does anyone have a diagram to what all these wires actually go to in reference to the cluster? The only manual I have is the Chilton and well.... yeah it sucks lol.

Maybe the Haynes has all these diagrams and a bit more information or does anyone know of a better manual?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
All looks good man. Test to make sure it works.

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All looks good man. Test to make sure it works.
Thanks again for the huge help! Hopefully everything functions correctly, I'll have to test it out when it's not pouring down outside!!

At least now people will have a general reference as to what the "stock" connectors look like with all the wires in the correct places. I couldn't find a picture to save my life, was getting pretty frustrated lol. I've been going back/forth between here and HondaTech, trying to figure this out for the last couple of days....

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Black=ground

Blue/black=truck open light

Green/yellow=right turn signal

Green/red=brake light

Red/blue=seat belt light

Green/yellow=low fuel

Yellow/black=fuel gauge.

Blue/white=speedometer

Yellow/green=temp gauge

Black/white=power

White/blue=charge light

Pink=washer fluid

Yellow/red=oil light

Yellow=power

Green/orange=check engine light

Red/green=high beam light

Green/red=left turn signal

Blue=tach

Red=dimmer

Red/black=gauge lights

In a nutshell.

·
Registered
2000 Ex Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the plugs are back in, cluster is in and everything appears to be working for now.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts