Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an n/a civic high compression with crower n/a stage 2 cam. what i was wondering is if anybody has used this cam on turbo setups. i also have a z6 cam at my disposal. was wondering which one would be good to use on a 350hp+ y8 target.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i am running the comp NA cam. the 59500. this cam had made plenty of power on turbo cars.
i would not get a bisi 3.6 if your only wanting 350 or so whp. the bisi 2.4 would prolly be more ideal.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I wouldn't dick around with either and just use the Crower stage 2. It'll do you plenty good.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ok. question though... would i have to worry about overlap? have you ever tried n/a cams?
what turbo manifold are you going to use?

what turbo are you going to use?

what exhaust setup are you going to run?

those three things matter the most regarding if your crower stage 2 will work well or not...

·
Registered
DOOKIE
604 Posts
ditch both of those cams and get some bisimoto 3.6 cams! :-D BISIMOTO FTW! lol
way to extreme for his power goals being 350 wheel give or take. wtf are u smoking ? :bigok:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i am either going with full 3 inch straight backto the muffler, or 3 inch down pipe with cutout to 2.5... intercooler 3" inlet and outlet with 3 inch piping. cast manifold, or custom built ram horn remake (made by a friend). and an ebay turbo... t04e or t70 (not sure which one yet, asking about them in my other thread. looking to push ~20 psi. or until i safely reach my goal (no more than 25)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also i don't understand why not... if someone has insight, please inform. also i am trying to do this on pump gas. but i will eventually go to e 85 and try to make more power.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
has anyone of you ever played with e 85 converting... maybe a little insight on that will be helpful. i am already putting a walbro 255 fuel pump and am going to run 1000cc injectors, and i know i will have to replace the rubber fuel lines for steel braided ones with e85. just don't know if 1000cc injectors would suffice because i know that when running e85 you use a lot more fuel

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Your intake pipe size will be the last thing on your build that will be a restriction.

Bunch of people have done E85 conversions. Do a search.
But you haven't mentioned what Turbo you want to use and in many cases E85 is useless/overkill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts