Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go SOHC and while collecting parts I'm wondering what block will be best...

D15B2/7
D16A6
D16Y7
D17

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm also pretty sure that none of those blocks are a bolt-in swap into the teg chassis.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not doing it in a teg, its going into either a ef sedan or hatch. Sorry, i didn't know how to do a poll.

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
I'd go w/ the A6 block for sure. IMO it's the best of the ones you have listed. what are your plans for it? Boost, NA,etc??

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Staight high comp n/a. Just a quick build until I finish reassembling my turbo block on my teg.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jimmyb34 said:
why the hell did you make another one? thats 3 in the same forum on the same exact thing
What the hell are you talking about, I only accidently made 2 post you dumb bitch ass numb nuts!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jimmyb34 said:
why the hell did you make another one? thats 3 in the same forum on the same exact thing
Well when a person is asking a properly formated and logical question and you choose to post with a illrelivant comment such as above, how do you expect him to respond? I searched and did not find the answer per say. I found posts on using those blocks but none on which is the best in reference to torque, horsepower or longevity. Futhermore apologies if it insulted you.

boostdeliquent, thank you for the response. Thats the one I felt was a good choice as its a SI model engine and is said to be somewhat torquefull on lower to mid rpm range. I heard of someone using a y7 for rumored improved fuel economy, but that just sounds like it needs to be proven on paper. D17 would have some advantages being a larger displacement, but is referred to as the bastard-child d-series for complexities involved with the motor in general.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
i never told you to search, it looked to me as if you made another thread, just ignore what i said if you cant reply with something besides a childish post
oh and if you dont make a poll in a thread pm a mod and they can fix it for you
dont just make another one

with what you have listed i would use an a6 block, if your looking for vtec the y7 head isnt vtec, you would want a z6 or a y8 head
if your going for na or boost let us know, comp calculations are different for each block/head combo and some are high comp and some are lower depending on some other variables
its kind of hard to give you a definite answer unless we know if your going to be boosting or not

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chaos325 said:
Staight high comp n/a. Just a quick build until I finish reassembling my turbo block on my teg.
I really didn't post twice, I guess I did something wrong when making my original post. N/A motor. I was referring to using the y7 block, not head. I currently have a z6 head. I have been using the compression calculator page for compression ratios. I just wanted to know what block is best to use for torque, horsepower or longevity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts