Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Hatch rally car
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after some aftermarket valve springs for a Y7 head. I used Crower stuff on V8's in drag cars, but don't have this kind of Honda experience. Are there any manufacturers I should look for or stay away from? Probably going with a Colt tri-flow cam (if I can find one) and want to spin it to about 8500. Going in a race car.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
supertech is easily the most popular.

Just find springs with a brand name you trust. Isky, supertech, etc...

Then look it up. I find that any big brand company at least can stand behind their product.

Again, I simply see supertechs far more often, doesnt necessarily mean they are best!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Supertech is rebranded "China" IIRC, JFYI

Get a brand with a warranty and reputation. Look at when they were founded, in what country.

Y8 Intake springs are the strongest OEM, and will probably not float 8500RPM unless you got a lotta boost trying to open them.

Why do you want to spin to 8500? Because your 3rd gear sucks ass? 1.565 3rd is a thing, so is 1.6xx 2nd if you are circle tracking.
I highly doubt you will make power up there, the crank/rod geometry doesnt support it, and the piston speeds get really high, really quick.. It is an oversquare engine.. They sound like hell above 8K. Starts to create this nasty metallic resonance. .

You can get an Overpriced set of Chinese mfg gears from MFactory. Install them yourself. PM me for ANY questions. All MFactory products are QC'd China SHIT. Again, JFYI. I was lucky enough to find the guy selling them out of the backdoor of the china factory for 100 apiece. Much more realistic pricing.

I am able to create custom gear sets and ratios in CAD, and have them produced in China for a fraction of the cost these guys all claim it to cost, (Oh it costs thousands and we need hundreds of orders/BS = Untrue naysaying and complaining from "Experienced", old, and out-of-date individuals who are not aware of current global production capabilities. )
.. But I would NEVER put any effort in anything for this community, as they are like rats.. or flies.. Liars, thieves, broke dick teenagers. And thats's why you dont see much for the Honda community, ESPECIALLY for D's. It is also why Speedfactory and other OGs come off as complete assholes.

Born with a Honda Civic,.. Ok...

Die with a Honda Civic = Mentally ill crack smoker

Work with what you have. Don't invest in the D. Spend AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.

B, or K is so much wiser to build into full race guise, Building a D is..... retarded, TBH, unless you are experienced, or a fabricator. Ghetto work and learning is what the D is all about. Don't get caught up in it.

It is a tiny displacement engine made for running ~3000 rpm forever, with great mileage, off throttle response, and drive-ability. In NO WAY is this engine designed for high performance or race.

BTW.. IDK why you are looking so hard for a Colt Tri flow... Call and order one, or send in your core for a regrind...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts