Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any one using aftermarket rods that don't require notching the block. I was just about to order some eagle rods and forgot about the fitment issue. I'm assembling this setup myself and don't want go to the local machine shop, only for the head work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I know of no after market rod that fit's the zc with out notching the block and the bridge bearing cap... If you have a dremel tool you can easly do it yourself... It's not very difficult...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Volitech said:
I know of no after market rod that fit's the zc with out notching the block and the bridge bearing cap... If you have a dremel tool you can easly do it yourself... It's not very difficult...
^ true that

Just notch the damn block dude. It's pretty tough to fuk it up.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Modified (B18) LS rods + GX pistons makes a nice inexpensive combo that drops your CR a touch. GX pistons have the 21mm wristpin used with the LS rods, so you don't have to bush the small end, just narrow the big end by ~0.022" on each side.

FYI, GX pistons have a 5.5 cc dome compared to the ZC's 7.2cc. I think that drops about a half a point of CR?

F

·
0 Posts
Joseph Davis said:
Modified (B18) LS rods + GX pistons makes a nice inexpensive combo that drops your CR a touch. GX pistons have the 21mm wristpin used with the LS rods, so you don't have to bush the small end, just narrow the big end by ~0.022" on each side.

FYI, GX pistons have a 5.5 cc dome compared to the ZC's 7.2cc. I think that drops about a half a point of CR?
thats ghetto dont do that. Get crower they are the best eagles are good if you never plan on going over 300 hp.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
fast1.6 said:
thats ghetto dont do that. Get crower they are the best eagles are good if you never plan on going over 300 hp.
Get your info right man! Eagle or tuner toys are the way too go unless you are rich and want to pay double just for a name "Crower" Top engine builders use Eagle, Tuner toys, Carrilo, ect. You can 300 HP out of Stock rods if you build and tune rights..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts