Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to do a tune up... cap/rotor/wires... where's a good (cheap) site/place to go to... with ofcourse good products - because this'll be the first. when i bought the car, the guy said he just got a new distributor (actually true) - but i think the wires may be old etc.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
you could just go to like autozone or somewhere i think..idk for sure though..when i get the money i'm doing this same thing as well..i think i'm buying msd wires and a few other msd things..and some ngk plugs maybe

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
o'reilly's auto, napa... auto zone has cheap shit

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
or... where would i get ngk blue wires cheapest?

edit: are bosch wires ok?

edit2: after more reading... i'm going to get some oem one's from the dealer... hopefully they're not over 60 bucks...

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...dealership sucks... hondaautomotiveparts.com - better.

dealer quoted me at $122+tax for wires/cap/rotor...

hondaautomotiveparts.com - was $108 along with some o-rings n'stuff for my rocker arm assembly.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
there's no napa near here... or wait - lemme check.
i never knew - there was one near my house. now i have to wait for something to be shipped.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
or... where would i get ngk blue wires cheapest?

edit: are bosch wires ok?

edit2: after more reading... i'm going to get some oem one's from the dealer... hopefully they're not over 60 bucks...
If you have to pick one thing to lay the cash out for make it the wires. There's nothing worse than having to dig out the rubber boots from Bosch wires, or have the thing come apart when you try to remove them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts