Honda D Series Forum banner

Where would you get your engine sleeved?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i have done some research, and these are the companies i am most likely to go with... but im just not sure which one.
I would really like to go with RS machines, but they are the most expensive... golden eagle offers a lifetime warrenty, and jg has the magzilla sleeves... so help me decide who to go with!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I know GE does a lot of sleeving for people on H-T. Looks like they have very good customer service, are reputable and cant beat their prices.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
none of the above.

if Rich still owned RS, then I'd go there. But since new owners at RS Machine, I'd look elsewhere.

You can buy a name, but you can't buy the quality of the name.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
none of the above.

if Rich still owned RS, then I'd go there. But since new owners at RS Machine, I'd look elsewhere.

You can buy a name, but you can't buy the quality of the name.
so what would you recommend? at least with golden eagle, they have a reputation for good parts... i dont know why they wouldnt stand behind that...

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i wouldnt.. you could buy 5 motors and build them with vitaras each time for what sleeves cost...
sleeving a d takes away the 1 thing they are good for.. being cheap
what are you power goals? theres people between 400-500 whp on stock sleeves...

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wouldnt.. you could buy 5 motors and build them with vitaras each time for what sleeves cost...
sleeving a d takes away the 1 thing they are good for.. being cheap
what are you power goals? theres people between 400-500 whp on stock sleeves...
my power goals will eventually be much higher than 400 hp, but the immediate reason i am getting a sleeve job is because of the damaged cylinders... i dont know if you read my post a while back about my bad experience with red_hatchback, but needless to say, the cylinders are worthless...

because my power goals will eventually reach and pass that critical 400 hp mark, i am planning on getting the sleeves done now as opposed to getting a whole new block and getting it done later anyways...

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
my power goals will eventually be much higher than 400 hp
honestly, you are working with the wrong platform if those are your goals...

look at how many people have broken 500hp with a D motor. barely a handful, and all of them have probably $20k+ into their engine/trans

if you want those power levels, do yourself and your wallet a favor and build a b series

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
honestly, you are working with the wrong platform if those are your goals...

look at how many people have broken 500hp with a D motor. barely a handful, and all of them have probably $20k+ into their engine/trans

if you want those power levels, do yourself and your wallet a favor and build a b series
building a b doesnt change the fact that i am a d-series loyalist... lol ;) not enough 400 hp d's out there... hopefully i can add one to the list!

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is does not always take alot of power to go fast.
i know this, 9 psi is just not enough though! lol... anyways, wtf is with everyone trying to talk me out of this? am i shithead for wanting to do this? ha ha either way, its getting done, so add more comments about WHERE instead of WHY!!!

oh, and VOTE BITCHES!!

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
if i was to sleeve id go benson. its spendy but ive heard nothing but good things.

and if your cylinders need it, what else are you supposed to do? just do eet

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
you want to sleeve a block cuz of bad cylinders? Just punch it 20 over with a block gaurd and call it a day.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you want to sleeve a block cuz of bad cylinders? Just punch it 20 over with a block gaurd and call it a day.
ive already got the std size pistons, and i dont want to risk cracking a cyl when i hit the 400 hp mark with bored cyls...

·
I got a promoted! And I'm PINK!!
2,260 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts