Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 1988 honda civic EF2 sedan that has a d15b soch dual carb

(on a side note, do many people have trouble with the distributors... mine is leakin oil)

now to the business, i am thinking of doing an engine swap but not sure where to start... ie no idea what motor to choose from... i hear alot of people are going wit the k20's but i think they may be out of my price range ... am wanting to boost at some stage but that wont be for a while ...also wanting to have vtec
just looking for a project to start on that's not going to cost me a fortune but will still give me somehting to play wit

any opinion will help

thnx

88EF2

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
first thing go buy a flame suit

there is oring on the dizzy that might be worn

it depends on what you want to spend, vtec is over rated, especially when it comes sohc.

basically you are going to need all the wiring and fuel system from a fuel injected car

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
alright buddy..... hmmm where to start indeed. i can tell you dont have too much knowledge with cars so far so start with the basics. hit up the DIY section and read up on the dpfi to mpfi. do your intake/head/exhaust, and over a the few months youre reading about hondas save up for a go-autoworks turbo kit. thats what id do if i were you. k20's are pretty big motors, they dont fit right in ef's without a lot of modifications. it would save your a couple thousand just to rebuild that motor (if you wanted) and turbo it than it would to swap in a k20. the d15b is a pretty good motor out of the dseries motors. oh and if your distributor id leaking oil its because u need a new "dizzy o ring" thats a supppper easy fix. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yer nah my d15 isnt the jdm 1 i think ... like i kno about cars and engines and shiz just not to much bowt hondas as i have never realy looked into them well enough.
like i do kno the basics of engine conponents as im doing a automotiv course atm witch at the end will get me 1/3 of an automotive technitians apprentiship
here in nz the "honda scene" isnt that big as it seems to be in other parts of the globe...

if any one knos how i can find out if my d15 is/isnt the jdm one that would be helpful

my car is from what i have been told/already kno is a 1988 honda civic, 1.5 EF2 wit a d15b SOCH cv dual carb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts