Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have greddy 15g kit on 5 psi emanage. I want more power. I am at a standstill right now not knowing what parts to buy next before i take it to the tuner. I want to have everything ready to go before i get there. I already have dsm 450's w/ resistor box waiting to be installed. my setup as of right now consist of: greddy 15g turbo kit, dsm BOV, mishimoto IC, 5 psi emanage, 2.5" Kteller test pipe and exhaust.

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned
uh....

drive the car to the tuner, take off the emanage pos, install the 450s, have the tuner chip your ecu to run crome (or whatever program), up the boost and tune.

·
Registered
216 Posts
EMANAGE FTL. get a crome,ectune,ect. get a tune(shop or self tune if you know how to) bump up the boost.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
^^ im with these guys. my 15g setup did 8 psi on the stock injectors on 85% duty. ran really well for a street tune. but since you already got 450s, put them in, get a boost controller, and maybe a map sensor. ive heard that turbo runs well on 14 psi

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned
wow your a noob for sure...
first like seomone said before get a chipped ecu such as chrome like he said or hondata is what i went with. depending on your budget.
i didnt think i needed a boost controller?
depending on what boost you end up gettin tuned on you will not need a boost controller. my 15g is at 10psi with just the waste gate actuator. no boost controller.

but most and formost get rid of the emanage. if you really wanna utalize the power of the 15g get a real tune. you will be so much happier with the quickness of your car and with a real tune your motor will prolly last much longer.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
^^ i adjusted the shit out of my WGA and i couldnt get more than 8 out of mine. i said get a boost controller to run 14psi. 14psi on that turbo should put you around 200 i would think. and 200 is fun and if its well tuned it should last a while. only problem i would see is needing headstuds.

all you need is just a hallman or a DIY boost controller. i personally havent had any luck with the colorful ebay units.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As mentioned there's much better options out there for you than emanage! After the injectors and the map sensor, I personally would also upgrade to a 2.5" downpipe. The greddy elbow off the turbo is a really funky design and is really restricting. It would complement well with your 2.5" exhaust. After that just add more boost and get it tuned!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yep get crome or somthing like it,and crank the boost and get tuned. you will love it.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
^^ i adjusted the shit out of my WGA and i couldnt get more than 8 out of mine. i said get a boost controller to run 14psi. 14psi on that turbo should put you around 200 i would think. and 200 is fun and if its well tuned it should last a while. only problem i would see is needing headstuds.

all you need is just a hallman or a DIY boost controller. i personally havent had any luck with the colorful ebay units.
o def need a controller to get 14 out of it. but mine still has a little left in the wastegate itself. but i wasnt putting your post down by any means. just lettin him know that he might not need one. just out of my experience with 10psi out of mine. when i just put it on with a boost controller on it and i drove it untuned with it turned down all the way it would still hit 10psi. and he should be able to easily get 200whp with that setup. mine is 173. with not the bust tune. its tuned a little rich just for safety cause the motor at that time was stock with 150k on it. and was tuned in 2nd cause stock clutch was gettin fried in 3rd.

As mentioned there's much better options out there for you than emanage! After the injectors and the map sensor, I personally would also upgrade to a 2.5" downpipe. The greddy elbow off the turbo is a really funky design and is really restricting. It would complement well with your 2.5" exhaust. After that just add more boost and get it tuned!
gettin the bigger DP def helps alot. and your most def right about the elbow being really restrictive. you dont have enough post to buy or sell on here yet but once you have enough i know go-autoworks sells ported elbows got the greddy 15g. they arent cheap but will most likely help a ton.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and maybe a map sensor.
would i need one if i dont go over 10 psi? i would rather just stay under 10 psi being i have 175k miles and reliability is an issue. plus i would not have to buy a boost controller.

so far, i have as listed parts i still need to purchase: phearable ecu for my setup, 2.5" downpipe, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
would i need one if i dont go over 10 psi? i would rather just stay under 10 psi being i have 175k miles and reliability is an issue. plus i would not have to buy a boost controller.

so far, i have as listed parts i still need to purchase: phearable ecu for my setup, 2.5" downpipe, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge.
no you will not need a map sensor!
my motor is completely stock besides arps. that is something you might think about getting. not sure if you will need them but your stock head bolts may not be strong enough. might get some head lift. but might not. you will not needa map sensor unless you go to like 12psi. but how much boost the map sensor can hold will change from different people you ask. for instance my buddy's car over boosted from 12 and hit 18psi and just pulled and pulled and nothing happened to the map sensor and no CEL.

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
manual boost controller to raise the boost

ARP headstunds to take care of headlift at higher psi

chip ecu with crome ectune/ or buy hondata s300 bring it to your tuner and have fun smoking vettes

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts

ya with crome i dont think you can go over 11 with stock map if you have the extra features turned on. but reliably i wouldnt run more than that on stock map. i have a buddy that runs 28 psi on his stock map on his built h22. you should see his fuel tables. lol. but he's also an idiot.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do i need to purchase a new oem o2 sensor also? what are the exact autometer boost gauge and oil pressure gauge people are using? there are so many to pick from i do not know which one is the best to use?

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
do i need to purchase a new oem o2 sensor also? what are the exact autometer boost gauge and oil pressure gauge people are using? there are so many to pick from i do not know which one is the best to use?
no you dont. you can just turn off the o2 sensor when in crome, its what i did. i just used the autometer pro comp boost gauge...they all work the same pretty much.

i made 213 with just a 2.5 inch exhaust, dsm 450s, and autoworks fmic kit at 14-15psi and NO tuning. my tuner said it would have made 230 easy. had it tuned very very very conservative at 12ish psi and made 190/191.

i am going with the greddy kit again for my new build. plans are 250+. i have a greddy mani flanged for an external wastegate to hold boost all the way(had problems like 90% of greddy users with the internal wastegate not holding boost), 15g that is being sent in for a 19t upgrade, autoworks 2.5inch downpipe, 450s, fmic.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
no you dont. you can just turn off the o2 sensor when in crome, its what i did. i just used the autometer pro comp boost gauge...they all work the same pretty much.

i made 213 with just a 2.5 inch exhaust, dsm 450s, and autoworks fmic kit at 14-15psi and NO tuning. my tuner said it would have made 230 easy. had it tuned very very very conservative at 12ish psi and made 190/191.

i am going with the greddy kit again for my new build. plans are 250+. i have a greddy mani flanged for an external wastegate to hold boost all the way(had problems like 90% of greddy users with the internal wastegate not holding boost), 15g that is being sent in for a 19t upgrade, autoworks 2.5inch downpipe, 450s, fmic.
hope my old 15g does you good Goose!!!
and i hope to get a retune on mine since i have a new motor and upgraded to FMIC and bigger piping since last tune.

as far as your o2 sensor goes. you can delete it like goose stated or if you go with hondata you might need a new on depending on how old yours is. i think you can have it deleted on hondata but both me and my buddies runs with them. and jsut regular autometer gauges will be perfect for you. you dont need anything special for this setup

·
Registered
554 Posts
wow your a noob for sure...
first like seomone said before get a chipped ecu such as chrome like he said or hondata is what i went with. depending on your budget.
so im a noob because i said bump up the boost and get a tune? when you are the one with hondata :willy_nilly:

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
so im a noob because i said bump up the boost and get a tune? when you are the one with hondata :willy_nilly:
alright this is the noobish part of your post or at least what i think.
( not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned)thats what your pst said
just turn the knob and get a tune? what kind of a tune? maybe he might thnk he can just tune it good enough with the emanage! and that would def not be the best way. and no need to buy a part? ARP head studs might be a good investment!

be more specific on stuff. dont just say "bump the boost to 10psi, not need to buy a part just turn the knob and get tuned" that doesnt help the guy at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts