Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at NAPA (grrr), CarQuest, AutoZone, Advanced Autoparts, and a few local muffler shops and none of them carried one that fit the bolt pattern and diameter.

I called DC Sports and they said they only sell to businesses.

I called an authorized DC Sports dealer in NC and they said it wasnt in their parts catalog.

So am I SOL?!?!? I mean how can DC Sports sell the catback and expect their gaskets to last forever??

Anyone have any insight into my situation, have gone through a similar problem, etcc...

Thanks for your time
The Wrath of Silence

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that paper gasket thick enough to make a seal?? and not blow out??....i was looking for a metal style like comes on there from DC sports, but it looks like i might have to ghetto rig this bitch

W

·
0 Posts
Keep hitting the parts stores and muffler shops till you find someone to really help you. We have catalogs of gaskets. They show you actual size and everything. If you can get someone to let you look through it and use your old gasket to match it up you can order them with the part number. You can't just cut them out of gasket paper, they would just burn up. It takes a high heat gasket. Good luck and be nice when you go in but you'll find them.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
^^^^ Agreed..places like Napa have parts books with tons of odds and ends, you just need someone who is willing to work with you...thats all.

I once had a pacesetter exhaust, and blew out the gasket...I could not get a replacement from them. (No flaming please :) ). I took the gasket I had to Napa, and got a real helpful guy. Turns our he had a nearly identical shaped gasket out of better material then what came with the exhaust.

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
bspeed said:
^^^ you had a pacesetter exhaust....uh cool.
lol civic4ges even asked nicely and you stil threw him a comment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts