Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasup forum.
Look to get a ram horn mani but not sure where to get one from that is good quality and won't hurt the pocket as much.
Any info would help thanks :biggrin:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Ya if you have the money for a full ramhorn go with go autoworks and they also have the mini ramhorn for cheaper but they don't look as good. I paid 650 for my go autoworks ramhorn

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Use that money for some good pistons, and use a cheaper cast mani. Vitaras make no sense.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Use that money for some good pistons, and use a cheaper cast mani. Vitaras make no sense.
:uh: this is an invalid statement as plenty of people run vitaras with no problems. Hence why they are so popular for budget turbo builds. Over 350-400 hp I would personally switch to forged pistons. :fingersx:

And a go auto mani would be prefferable as they are built tough and have Gregs stamp of approval!

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
:uh: this is an invalid statement as plenty of people run vitaras with no problems. Hence why they are so popular for budget turbo builds. Over 350-400 hp I would personally switch to forged pistons. :fingersx:

And a go auto mani would be prefferable as they are built tough and have Gregs stamp of approval!
Im aware they run with no issues. However you score stupid low cr. Makes no sense when a stock piston will give you a much better cr. But I know how people like to copycat what everyone else is building at the time.

If you are using vitaras, you are most likely shooting for a lower hp level than most would use a full ramhorn mani with. In the range a cast mani would easily be capable of.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Thanks for the ref. guys.

OP, feel free to check with us (PM, Email, Phone) on a manifold for your build or if you have any questions in particular

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Thanks for the help. Has anyone bought from this site. Blueridge Motorsports Honda D16Z6 D16Y8 Stainless Steel Turbo Ram Horn Manifold for Honda D-Series Engines BRMS-D-RAM-HORN
Price not bad and the look pretty good.
Just want to know what you guys think bout it. Thanks
they were local to me before i went into the army and moved to fort bragg. I know brandon(he runs blueridge motor sports in hickory). The turbo kit i had, had one. They do good work, and hes a good guy but go-autoworks and rc autoworks will be a much better choice. Plus they are active on this site and they are just badass in customer service.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
What's your HP goal? What kind of budget are you on? Those answers will decide what manifold you need.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Im aware they run with no issues. However you score stupid low cr. Makes no sense when a stock piston will give you a much better cr. But I know how people like to copycat what everyone else is building at the time.

If you are using vitaras, you are most likely shooting for a lower hp level than most would use a full ramhorn mani with. In the range a cast mani would easily be capable of.

I'm near 9.0:1 with my Vitara Y8...I agree with the second part of your post, if OP isn't shooting for huge numbers a different manifold would be more cost-effective

·
Registered
431 Posts
the go-autoworks manifold is awesum, you will not be disappointed. Gregs a great vendor. mine was custom built for my application, man does good work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
EBAY! best manifolds ever :) lol jk but i recommend go-autoworks, wanting one of their kits for about a year now....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts