Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to find where to buy cheap oversized PDN pistons, I've found only p29.

Where I can purchase a set online ?

thank you guys.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think I saw those at hondaautomotiveparts.com
They were around $40/ea IIRC, but needs separate rings that cost the same as piston (atleast OEM). I think they also were thinner late-model 1.0-1.2-2.8mm ones, so Y8 rings should fit? Or aftermarket ones like from JE.

Old(-'95) rings are 1.2-1.5-2.8mm. Bought JE ProSeal rings for my PM7 pistons, didn't fit :(

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
they seems to be expensive...

40x4 + rings set + wrist pins + shipping, start to be 200$+

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
i wished fjt offered these as well. but the only way is oem

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
i wished fjt offered these as well. but the only way is oem
i've already ask they're looking into getting me a set but they stated it's gonna be a while.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
No one makes aftermarket which is why they're expensive....as pretty much all new OEM parts are.

You can try getting just the pistons and get aftermarket Y8 rings if possible. The price of the "piston set" includes the wrist pin; so figure something like $180 just for the pistons and wrist pins, then $55 for (Hastings)rings and then shipping.

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
we're working on getting remo a set of gx pistons...

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
thanks edd

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
don't forget you need to match them to gx rods which are thicker and have bigger wrist pins

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to have a set, It will avoid me to make bushing for my LS rods.

They look strong, but I don'T want to pay 250$ for a set + 20% of money exchange, it will kill my pocket for oem.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i picked up my whole GX block for $350 from a local guy abandoning his build. :dunno:

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
don't forget you need to match them to gx rods which are thicker and have bigger wrist pins
i have a set of LS rods and they will fit fine with the rods but i would have to shave the rods make them work.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i have a set of LS rods and they will fit fine with the rods but i would have to shave the rods make them work.
shave the rods or notch the block?

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts