Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ebay 4-2-1 header that needs the middle gasket that goes between the upper and lower portion of the header.I've been to all the autopart stores and nobody has or stocks what I need.Do I have to buy gasket material and make my own or is there a gasket from something else I should use.I haven't looked online yet because I was hoping to fix it today and not wait for something to ship,but if i have to order it I have no prob with that.

Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,979 Posts
Doesn't the D16Y8 come stock with that style of header? Did you try having them cross ref that model.

You could probably get some regular gasket sheets at Oreilly or Napa and just cut your own.
thats what I had to do.

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
I don't use a gasket. I tried to make my own but it blew/burnt out. maybe i used the wrong gasket material, it was some i had laying around. i just used high temp copper rtv and it has worked fine for years.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
IIRC somebody on this board found an OEM Volkswagen gasket, from a Vanagon, that was a perfect fit and was superior to the ebay versions. I would search for it, but...
edit: just found the thread and it was for a two bolt gasket instead. my bad

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Do an eBay search for d16 header gasket! Saw them yesterday when I ordered mine. A little copper spray on both sides wouldn't hurt either!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Not in an ED with stock crossmember
Yes in an ED with a stock crossmember. Just take the radiator and hoses off the swing the head flange around past the upper coolant outlet and the dizzy and it just slides up in fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies.The guy at the auto parts store said to just make my own but i just wanted a little insight into it before I went ahead and did it.I think I'm just gonna go ahead and order it from summit cause its cheaper than the sheet of material from the store.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ordered and on the way.Thank you very much

1 - 20 of 21 Posts