Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i dont have enough posts on here to look at the classifieds, but could any of you suggest some places to look for a D16y8 motor? I know that lots of people swap them out for B series but not too sure where to look for one. Just looking to see if i could find one cheap to build in the meantime since my car is my dd. Thanks.

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
i'd recommend trying craigslist. or if you are looking for a good fairly local yard try 1800 buy used or http://www.eastparkauto.com. they are a mostly honda salvage yard down in hyde park prob an hour south of you down the taconic. imo they have the best quality motors in this area. but not really sure if thats what u want for a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
What are your plans for the Y8? If you are planning on building it for boost then any used engine will do since you "should" rebuild the engine for boost anyway but if you just want a low mileage engine I will check Forums around chances are somebody just did a swap and you might be lucky enougth to find a low milage one for mad cheap. Ebay is a good place also, IMO. and finally a junk-yard/reclycle place. You can also get lucky and get a low mileage engine there but I think you will paid a lot more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically I would first use the head to rebuild it and swap it with the stock one then down the road build it, maybe turbo maybe just high comp. N/A still not sure yet. But I figured it would be good to work on instead of trying to do it to the one in the car. this way i wont tie up the car long. But thanks for the info guys I will have to look into that. Its just that no one talks about D series in my area. everyone has B or K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts