Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a cheap D16Y8 w/ Tranny? I called around to a few junkyards and they want like $900-$1100 for them :shocked:!! So other then Ebay, where else could I find one? Any suggestions? Do tuner shops usually keep them laying around?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
go find urself someone with a totalled car.. a friend.. a friend of a friend... and buy the whole car for 1 g or lower...then uget the full swap, plus all the interior goodies that u can sell

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the salvage yard quoting you this price with the engine and tranny already pulled for you? Becuase there are some DIY salvage yards that will let you go and extract the engine and tranny yourself, they are usually substantially cheaper than the regular yards. Might be worth a try

-Juan

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Try osaka engines in Canada..its like 550 for the whole thing motor tranny ecu harness
I got one of mine there..they were very nice, I does take some time to ship that whole thing though..you can rush it..if you have a few extra bucks.

Good luck

Erin

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rotory20 said:
Try osaka engines in Canada..its like 550 for the whole thing motor tranny ecu harness
I got one of mine there..they were very nice, I does take some time to ship that whole thing though..you can rush it..if you have a few extra bucks.

Good luck

Erin
is that 550 us or canadian? Either way if that is the price shipped then i am in!!!

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
check sites like hondaclassifieds.com, honda-tech.com, and jdmcivic.com. these guys are throwing in swaps 2 at a time (i don't know how they'd do that....but anyways), they sell them for really cheap. try those for a good swap

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sonny7730 said:
check sites like hondaclassifieds.com, honda-tech.com, and jdmcivic.com. these guys are throwing in swaps 2 at a time (i don't know how they'd do that....but anyways), they sell them for really cheap. try those for a good swap
Sweet thanks for the tip!! I forget that ppl on H-T loathe the D (for the most a part anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts