Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a lead on where to pick up used Holset Housings, specifically the turbine housing. My H1C has a 21cm^2 hot side, which I'm pretty sure would never ever ever spool on my setup, so I'm looking to snag a 12cm^2 housing.

I was thinking maybe some diesel guys would be into trading for a big housing, or getting rid of their old small one, whatever. I found a couple cummins forums but they required like 50 posts before access to the market place and I don't want to spam "nice truck" 50 times just to get access.

There are a couple on eBay, but they are $130 for the cheapest, and it looks pretty rough, which seemed pretty pricey to me, seeing as I could buy a whole turbo for that much.

All help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
try dsm websites

for me local forums and craigslist work great

if you go with the 12cm^2 go twinscroll on your manifold

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Craigslist and eBay will more than likely be your best bet...like most other forums they (should IMO) require a min. Post count ....and let's face it guys....we've all seen our share of members show up....post a bunch of crap just to get into the classified's

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try dsm websites

for me local forums and craigslist work great

if you go with the 12cm^2 go twinscroll on your manifold
That's my plan, true twin scroll. Equal length. Dual WG's, etc.

I used to have a 1G DSM, so I could probably find my old login info for dsmtuener, I probably already have enough post counts there, good thinking.

Craigslist and eBay will more than likely be your best bet...like most other forums they (should IMO) require a min. Post count ....and let's face it guys....we've all seen our share of members show up....post a bunch of crap just to get into the classified's
I agree about the classified listing post count requirement. That's why I don't want to just blow up other forums with garbage posts.

I think I'll just have to be patient and keep checking craigslist and ebay and see what comes up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I called them and the guy said that if I wanted just a housing he would have to find a turbo that had a damaged wheel or bent shaft of something and then he could part it out. He said about $75 for the housing which is still better than eBay (as of right now at least).

Hopefully they have one that he can part out.

Excellent idea lol Heres mine.
I was following your thread for a while. Just got caught up. Sorry to hear about your car :( How's the new build coming together?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts
I was going to say any diesel shop which specialiizes in dodge trucks. im sure they have these sitting around on a shelf.

but looks like i posted a little late ITT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts