Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new core support (or I guess most people call it a radiator support) for a friends 90 accord. I see a lot of places that have it, but from experience most aftermarket body parts usually have filament issues. Just wondering if any of you have had good experience with body panels from certain companies? Also any bad experiences. I just want something that will line up so I can just weld it back in place and be done.

·
Registered
ek coupe
119 Posts
Junk yard and a sawzaw. Honda's are pretty easy to clip back together

·
Premium Member
'92 CX Twincharged D
750 Posts
I get mine from Cert-Fit, order from the Utah store, they are the only one that ship.

OR sometimes you can find a good deal on a new one on ebay.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Seems like shipping on a core support would be kind of expensive, I like the idea of getting an oe one from the junkyard, probably going to be the best quality metal you will find.

If you are okay with an aftermarket one, probably made of thinner metal, I would hit up a local body shop and see if they would cut me a decent deal from their supplier, take advantage of existing supply networks...

·
Registered
801 Posts
for a fairly boring daily driver the aftermarkets will do just fine. certifit or whatever they calll it is a good way to go.

i got an oem one from a dealer for the hatch. i am lucky that one of the hondapartsdeals style dealers are in my area now so i just drove to pick it up and saved on shipping. i would probably go oem from junkyard or parts order if this was being built up.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem I have with one from a junkyard is they can be slightly bent and you couldn't tell with your eye. Then when you install it and put all the body panels on you see things don't line up quite right. Also now they are like $65+ from a junkyard, so it makes it hardly worth it.

The certifit doesn't sell core supports for the 90-93 accord, but they do have good prices on the grill and other parts I need.

The ebay ones are about $100 with shipping, but I think the quality isn't much. It's for a daily driver but one of the cleanest DD accords...I guess until now.

Here are some that I found:

PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/shi-2813-49-0/overview/year/1990/make/honda/model/accord

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
For items of that size I prefer Craigslist or a local parts yard. The one and only core support I purchased was one off of a local that was parting out the entire car to a bare skeleton. No wrecks, just too much rust I guess. Core was perfect for me needs.

·
Registered
ek coupe
119 Posts
I do this for a living. A junkyard core support is perfectly fine if the parts are lined up on the car your cutting it from. In my experience the cheap core supports are never as good as OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts