Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering where my idle should be at, usually while driving it will hang around 800 to 1000 rpms but once at a stoplight or stop sign it goes down to about 620-680 occasionally it will dip a little bit lower than 600 but for ther most part it stays within 620-680 i know this because im running an apexi safc a friend gave me and i assume the reading is accurate

my car seems to vibrate a good deal, hence why i wonder if the idle is low

i have prothane motor mount inserts so those could be part of it but i can imagine them translating this much vibration

thanks in advance

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you inform me the corret way to adjust it? i dont really want to mess with the screw on the rotor as that doesnt seem like it would be the proper way

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
im just wondering where my idle should be at, usually while driving it will hang around 800 to 1000 rpms but once at a stoplight or stop sign it goes down to about 620-680 occasionally it will dip a little bit lower than 600 but for ther most part it stays within 620-680 i know this because im running an apexi safc a friend gave me and i assume the reading is accurate

my car seems to vibrate a good deal, hence why i wonder if the idle is low

i have prothane motor mount inserts so those could be part of it but i can imagine them translating this much vibration

thanks in advance
info on your car first.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i have the same problem but mine is at 300 rpm, when lights and music on it dips to 150-200 rpm....

i adjusted the throttle cable and now it idles at 600-1500 rpm, when it idles at 1500 i pull up on the pedal with my toe and it goes back to 6-700...its annoying though cuz when it jumps to 1500 it goes up to 2000 before it settles at 1500 and people look at me like im revving at them:wacko: but its the damn car:redface:

im thinkin to try the throttle body screw?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i would use the throttle body screw before i messed with the cable itself, personally I think thats actually a very unsafe way to adjust idle.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
it puts tension on the throttle cable to hold the plate open, its not that is so much unsafe, just not a good idea. there should be a little slack in the cable. so adjust that back and then use the screw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the oem tachometers are not always perfectly accurate. I use a aftermarket tach when tuning up my car i just put little alligator clips on the end of the wires and set it somewhere secure in the engine bay while i set the timing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts