Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've been all up and down the sites online and none of them have the 400 grit stone that the helms reccomends. does anyone know where i can get the cylinder honer from?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just for the record i found what i was looking for at snap-on.com. cost about 25 bucks with 9 bucks shipping/handling. you have to type in "cylinder hone" in the search and everything should be gravy.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now the hard part is how to hone your cylinder. it says hone your cylinder into a 60 degree crosshatch in the manuals but how do you go about doing this.

can anyone do a write-up on the *method or way of doing/making the cylinder honing into the 60 degree that it proposes?

·
Registered
377 Posts
you put the hone on your drill. you swirt a little wd-40 on the hone and your cylinder wall, insert the hone and proceed to start the drill. you move the hone up and down in the cylinder with the drill running. you need to match the speed of the drill and the speed of your up and down motion so that your crosshatch is about 60 degrees. it will kinda look like X's in your block. i hope that kinda gives you an idea.**note: most people just want to let it rip with the drill. i have found it hard to run the drill wide open and move up and down fast enough to do a nice job. so if it is your first time you might was to go a little slower with the drill til you get the hang of it. good luck**

1 - 8 of 8 Posts