1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That is an odd placec for a coolant leak to be at. Maybe it is coming from your radiator? Like the bottom of it is getting decayed and allowign a leak in which the wind from driving blowing it back onto the block?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is an odd placec for a coolant leak to be at. Maybe it is coming from your radiator? Like the bottom of it is getting decayed and allowign a leak in which the wind from driving blowing it back onto the block?

wow you know i would have never thought of that :TU: i will look. and the coolant is actually on the top of my downpipe so it dropped or blew pretty far down and under the block.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I just replaced the coolant line that runs into the head below the dizzy because of some shit like that. Didn't know where it came from until the line blew out and my temp gauge went WAY up very very fast. Took like 10 minutes and $15 to fix. Try checking that before checking the head gasket, could be the problem.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
I don't think theres a coolent line under the dizzy...
theres a coolant temp sensor....that could be loose & leaking out around that..
that temp sensor when bad...or the harness wires bad/oil/half broken off (in my case)
the temp gauge will shoot up...very fast ...& at times drop back down, then go back up

but more then likley not...(it would end up pouring out ..getting looser..)
but would be an easier check then the head bolts

alot to say for somthing so easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts